Versa pump issues

jimmypencil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use this pump for kalkwasser on my 50 gallon. 275 ml a day. Just switched from half gallon dosing container to 5 gallon so I have to don’t have refill it often. encountering some issues.

1. lots of air in the tubing. It looks like a section of water, then section of air, then section of water… you get the idea. It’s like that through the entire tubing. Is this normal?

2. I have it on continuous mode 275 Ml a day which is .19 ml per minute. Can this pump be trusted to deliver that little of fluid accurately? I’ve had to calibrate the pump several times since I got it.

3. what is the point of the fast forward-rewind feature on the mobius app?

4. When I refill the container I always have to calibrate or do a single dose of like 50 ml to prime the pump, I’m guessing this is normal?

5. the push connect fitting on the left doesn’t lock in well, no leaking but I can pull It out with a little force.

any help is appreciated, thanks!

E01F926F-5108-4817-B4FA-BA7594307CBA.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Use this pump for kalkwasser on my 50 gallon. 275 ml a day. Just switched from half gallon dosing container to 5 gallon so I have to don’t have refill it often. encountering some issues.

1. lots of air in the tubing. It looks like a section of water, then section of air, then section of water… you get the idea. It’s like that through the entire tubing. Is this normal?

2. I have it on continuous mode 275 Ml a day which is .19 ml per minute. Can this pump be trusted to deliver that little of fluid accurately? I’ve had to calibrate the pump several times since I got it.

3. what is the point of the fast forward-rewind feature on the mobius app?

4. When I refill the container I always have to calibrate or do a single dose of like 50 ml to prime the pump, I’m guessing this is normal?

5. the push connect fitting on the left doesn’t lock in well, no leaking but I can pull It out with a little force.

any help is appreciated, thanks!

E01F926F-5108-4817-B4FA-BA7594307CBA.jpeg
Try running water only through it in case there is some precipitation in the line and even blowing through it
Then when you are ready to run the pump start a siphon with tube then connect to versa to sort of prime it and eliminate bubbles

OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try running water only through it in case there is some precipitation in the line and even blowing through it
Then when you are ready to run the pump start a siphon with tube then connect to versa to sort of prime it and eliminate bubbles
ok i will try this after work :cool: thank you

OP
OP
jimmypencil

jimmypencil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i realized on the way to work this morning that theres an error message on the pump now lol and i already factory reset it last night after an error message. maybe a faulty pump!

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i realized on the way to work this morning that theres an error message on the pump now lol and i already factory reset it last night after an error message. maybe a faulty pump!
Sounds like it may be

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
is there a pump you reccomend for really small amounts of liquid like my application? i really dont want to deal with the issues of this pump after reading alot of reviews of reefers who are experiencing the same issues i am.
Kamoer
BRS 1.1

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back