Versa pump "max daily volume exceeded"

Rewd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm trying to start up my versa pumps in AWC mode to change 10L per day and one of them won't start. I can manually dose, but there appears to be an error in the device per the attached screen shot that says "max daily volume exceeded". I have no max daily volume set and there appears to be no intuitive way to clear this ridiculous error so my pump sits as a $150 paperweight. Restarted the pump numerous times, removed it from the system and reset to factory, unplugged and plugged back in, nothing.

Screenshot_20210410-163801_Mobius.jpg

OP
OP
Rewd

Rewd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes. Of course I did. And Google, and this forum, and Facebook. I have not found any answers.

OP
OP
Rewd

Rewd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Huh? Ecotech is closed for the weekend. Your response sounds rude and unhelpful.

Novey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just seen this post quite some time after, however, I had the same issue. Ecotech do not know how to overcome this, however, I found that if you change the auto water change setting to “Continuous” instead it will work and you won’t have the Max Volume Exceeded error message. I did tell Ecotech about this resolution for this be obviously it hasn’t been taken onboard. I guess it doesn’t matter now that Ecotech no longer manufacture the Versa anymore

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ecotech no longer manufacture the Versa anymore? Is this true? They are currently available to purchase here in the U.S.

OP
OP
Rewd

Rewd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have just seen this post quite some time after, however, I had the same issue. Ecotech do not know how to overcome this, however, I found that if you change the auto water change setting to “Continuous” instead it will work and you won’t have the Max Volume Exceeded error message. I did tell Ecotech about this resolution for this be obviously it hasn’t been taken onboard. I guess it doesn’t matter now that Ecotech no longer manufacture the Versa anymore

Thanks for the heads up on this. I ended up switching away from continuous water changing to a once per week 10% change, still using my Versa's. I stopped having this error occur, but truth be told, I am not sure how I fixed it LOL.

Ecotech no longer manufacture the Versa anymore? Is this true? They are currently available to purchase here in the U.S.

I am not sure, but I am considering selling mine. They are fine, but I have found better ways to do automatic water changing for cheaper.

Drew

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The pumps are definitely still being manufactured by Ecotech. I purchased one within the last two months and received an alert yesterday that they were back in stock at one retailer.

Novey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pumps are definitely still being manufactured by Ecotech. I purchased one within the last two months and received an alert yesterday that they were back in stock at one retailer.
That’s good to hear. Wondering whether this is new manufactured stock. The Versa hasn’t been available in the UK for 2 years. Guess Ecotech aren’t able to supply the UK just yet.

beatle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was there any resolution to this error? I found one of my pumps stopped this morning with this error. Tried a lot of different things to clear it but no luck. I opened a ticket with support and am waiting for their reply, but hoping to solve it sooner.

OP
OP
Rewd

Rewd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Was there any resolution to this error? I found one of my pumps stopped this morning with this error. Tried a lot of different things to clear it but no luck. I opened a ticket with support and am waiting for their reply, but hoping to solve it sooner.
Yes, it stopped doing it and my versa's have been working great ever since the original post almost 2 years ago. Unfortunately, I don't know how or why it stopped it happening. Wish I could be more help. :(

beatle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for following up anyway. Support has not gotten back to me yet. Hopefully soon. The error persists today, so it's not hitting a daily limit. I'll post whatever solution I get here.

Wish they would put out some documentation on these things. The "manual" is a laughably bad 2 page guide on how to mount them to the wall. One of the pages is just a drilling template, In the app, if you tap "help" on the error, it just takes you to their knowledge base. When you type in the error there, no articles are displayed.

certain_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reviving this post as I am seeing this issue pretty consistently at this point with one of my pumps. Ecotech support always puts me through a full reset and calibration which works for about a month of no setting changes before it starts throwing the error again. So far my two pumps for my AWC running at about 6ml/min have been replaced 4 times each for what seem to be both mechanical and software issues which has been disappointing. All this wouldn’t be that bad if Mobius would actually send a push notification to my phone as soon as the pump stopped working but it seems like the only time I get the push notification is when I open the app directly to check (app stays running in the background on my phone all the time).

I did put my most recent pump with this issue into continuous mode which keeps it running at least but the error state still shows on that pump. I really wish the pumps would stop both pumps if one had an issue as a few times now when I have had an issue either my salinity drops or raises which is annoying.

Has anyone else here heard anything from Ecotech other than resetting to factory or replacing the pump?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back