Versa Pumps for AWC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could always do this I have done it for years using a two head sterner running 5 minutes every hour for 24 hours a day. Nothing new about this at all
What you just described is the norm, the point I made was the user can steer clear of that mindset. Instead of having the pump turn on and off it can run continuously at whatever set speed and replace exactly what works best for them. That's the beauty of having a pump designed specifically for the hobby vs the alternative.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A stenner can run 24 hours a day for years have had one running 10 years now in the water processing room.

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the apex and Versa. I like them both but prefer the apex for dosing and the VERSA for AWC. I set the VERSA for continuous rate, no maximum dosage and no time frame. THat has been the only way it has been reliable. I will have it hooked into my apex to shut it off or on in case one of the pumps shuts off. That is the problem with VERSA. It doesn't do it automatically like the apex DOS> On the otherhand, it is very quiet and you can do very Large AWC very quietly. THe Apex DOS is super loud for anything more then 2.5 gallons a day.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back