Vertex Illumina Official Thread

crayon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I have three sets of well used (aka, showing lots of salt corrosion) black aluminum legs for Vertex Illumina lights (which still have lots of use) as well as a couple sets of the 'feet' in clear acrylic for rimless tanks. (I think they are suitable for both 10mm and 12 mm glass thickness, but I would have to measure them.
Also, as one of my lights entirely packed it in, I am selling it for parts (or spares). There is at least one multipad (5 years use) plus 2 transformers, base modules, etc etc etc.
Let me know if anyone is interested and I will try and set prices.
I am keeping the Vlink for now to program my remaining lights.

Gotterdid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way to get the vlink adapter for this light? I've got a 48 inch and love it. I run it over a planted 90 gallon tank on about 50% and it grows plants well. I looked and looked until I finally gave up. I would really like to get one for the light I have... I would like to be able to do the sunrise and sunset, cloud cover and lightning just for fun. There is no way to do this using the lcd on the light. I also may be getting another one that the lcd is busted on so I would need to vlink to interface with it.

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any way to get the vlink adapter for this light? I've got a 48 inch and love it. I run it over a planted 90 gallon tank on about 50% and it grows plants well. I looked and looked until I finally gave up. I would really like to get one for the light I have... I would like to be able to do the sunrise and sunset, cloud cover and lightning just for fun. There is no way to do this using the lcd on the light. I also may be getting another one that the lcd is busted on so I would need to vlink to interface with it.
I don’t think they are available anywhere anymore. Sorry to say. I’d suggest trying to find someone in a local club the may still be using this light and has the vlink. Maybe they would be willing to come over to use it on your light.

Last edited:

JRA8688

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone interested in a 36" 260? No v link and inop lcd screen. Willing to let it go fairly cheap to someone who can use it. Powers on with previous owners light schedule now. Open to trades also.

Jeremi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone interested in a 36" 260? No v link and inop lcd screen. Willing to let it go fairly cheap to someone who can use it. Powers on with previous owners light schedule now. Open to trades also.
How much ?? And were are u located

mrbiggyworth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I have three sets of well used (aka, showing lots of salt corrosion) black aluminum legs for Vertex Illumina lights (which still have lots of use) as well as a couple sets of the 'feet' in clear acrylic for rimless tanks. (I think they are suitable for both 10mm and 12 mm glass thickness, but I would have to measure them.
Also, as one of my lights entirely packed it in, I am selling it for parts (or spares). There is at least one multipad (5 years use) plus 2 transformers, base modules, etc etc etc.
Let me know if anyone is interested and I will try and set prices.
I am keeping the Vlink for now to program my remaining lights.
Hi,

Do you still have the legs for the illumina lights? I just picked up a used one and it only has the cable hangers.

Thanks

Bennett Ladenheim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Illumine users...you can find virtually any and all replacement parts for your fixtures (as well as new and improved pads) from a company called Scitronix. I believe they originally supplied many (or all) of the original fixture's components. Google "ReefBuilders Vertex Illumina" and you will see an article from Jake Adams. Looks like they have new fixtures out too (by looking at them you would absolutely think it was an Illumina. I've been in touch with the Scitronix folks and they are great.

High ICP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for 3 of the UV/Multi Color modules

I can’t find the WTB forum

I might be interested in a 900 Illumina (3 foot) or two, if the price is right

infinityends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a 4ft fixture with the Vlink i am looknig to sell if anyone is interested let me know

I don’t really need to change from the 3’ to a 4’ over my 90, can’t say I’m not mildly tempted. But which model is this? Also any mounting gear legs/hanging included? Upgraded additional modules? Asking price? All worth asking in case it helps get someone else interested.

kutcha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is the 260 no mounting gear or hanging kit the pucks are the original pucks however it has been in storage for years so the light has maybe a year or two on it. and i would probably be asking around 400 but always negotiable for other equipment and what not

OP
OP
Alabamareef

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I started this thread back in 2013 and not long after got out of the hobby all together. Well long story short I'm putting together a new build. Funny thing is I just bought my old SR260 1500 from the local fish store. I guess the person that bought my tank traded it in or something and the fish store did not know how to work it. The people who bought it from me trashed the light. Well it's dirty, the splash guard has some hot spots on it and I have two modules, one is the Royal Blue and the other I'm not sure but it's in the middle and has three larger LED's that are not working. I've cleaned it up and have three new fans on the way. Question is where can I buy some replacement parts. I need a Vlink, Splash Guard, A Royal Blue pad, 4 LED's. and to find out what this other LED is in the middle of the light that I can't seem to get working is so I can replace it also. I would also take a few trouble shooting ideas if anyone has them. It's been a long time and I"m trying to remember how to work everything. As far as I can tell all is working, I'm just trying to get it all together. Also I'm guess the software version is in need of an update?

RAB-501.jpg RAB-500.jpg RAB-502.jpg RAB-503.jpg

OP
OP
Alabamareef

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Illumine users...you can find virtually any and all replacement parts for your fixtures (as well as new and improved pads) from a company called Scitronix. I believe they originally supplied many (or all) of the original fixture's components. Google "ReefBuilders Vertex Illumina" and you will see an article from Jake Adams. Looks like they have new fixtures out too (by looking at them you would absolutely think it was an Illumina. I've been in touch with the Scitronix folks and they are great.
Can you post a link to where I can buy parts for my SR 260 1500

OP
OP
Alabamareef

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Still_human

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m extremely disappointed with my illumina:( I don’t go into all that fixture tech stuff...There’s WAY too much to it...I don’t even WANT to figure it all out, who knows what might get pushed out of my brain, trying to make all that room! I can use what’s on the fixture, although there are still some aspects I don’t know if I follow, but overall I think I know my way through it pretty well, but I can’t get the lighting to really look nice. I can have both blues up to 100%, but as intense as the COLOR is, it’s super dim! In order to make it bright enough that it’s more than just comparable to a moonlight, the white has to be significantly on, but the brighter you make it, the more unpleasant the color becomes. I have the lighting at 100% for both blues, and the white at 88%(from 75%)which is finally starting to LOOK BRIGHT enough. when I first got the light it bleached stuff, so I tweaked it, and eventually turned it down to, and have kept it at 68, then 75% for awhile, until about a week ago. There’s probably a nice looking mix of the colors, but it would be when the lights are so dim it’d be useless, and long before you get even close to a usable brightness, the color has gone way too low in the K appearance. I’d say that in order for the light to be at all useful, it’s visually stuck at 10k(at best)or lower(mostly white, but more towards yellow than blue), and it makes the corals look bad, and some really bad like under only natural sunlight(not as in naturally on the reefs), and they don’t do well either––not actually do BAD, just not good. Every single tank you see pics and videos of, are either very blue, or at least with a distinct blue hue(id imagine all are close to 14k and above), but my illumina just wont help! Does anyone have any idea what I’m talking about? :(

This illumina was my 2nd attempt at these complicated LED fixtures. My 1st try was a Solaris i-5, which had the EXACT same problem, which is why I got this one to try again! It’d b nice to fix the problem, but I don’t have any hopes of that, just hopes of finding a better, inexpensive fixture. 3rd time is either the charm, or straw that broke the camels back:/

Still_human

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry if it came off this way, but my intention wasn’t to badmouth the product, I meant to just explain the problem I have been having with it, and hopefully get some insight on what, if anything is wrong with it(the product, or maybe just my specific unit)and if there’s anything to be done about it. I hope I didn’t offend or upset anyone else, and apologize to anyone I did.

kutcha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry if it came off this way, but my intention wasn’t to badmouth the product, I meant to just explain the problem I have been having with it, and hopefully get some insight on what, if anything is wrong with it(the product, or maybe just my specific unit)and if there’s anything to be done about it. I hope I didn’t offend or upset anyone else, and apologize to anyone I did.
i came off a little abrasive i apologize. What i was trying to say is that more information is needed to properly deducte the issue, most common things asked for are PAR readings, and your ammonia,nitrite,nitrate lvls and what type of corals your keeping what type of flow and finally what lenses are you using on the vertex?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 46.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 50 53.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • None.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.6%
Back