Vertex Illumina Official Thread

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
One of my drivers went bad. I have the 900 SR260. There should be a blue light on the driver when plugged in. I ordered the mean well driver and I was good to go.

Both drivers light up blue. Swapped them. Didn't make a difference. Must be corrupt firmware or something.

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Got the light working. Firmware update and replaced the batteries and everything seems fine except neither of my aux UV modules are working. I have 2 SR 260-300's. I updated both pad #1's that the aux modules are attached to and still no aux modules lighting up. When I slide the UV slider in light studio I get nothing. All the other colors work fine. It's odd that this is happening on both lights.

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the light working. Firmware update and replaced the batteries and everything seems fine except neither of my aux UV modules are working. I have 2 SR 260-300's. I updated both pad #1's that the aux modules are attached to and still no aux modules lighting up. When I slide the UV slider in light studio I get nothing. All the other colors work fine. It's odd that this is happening on both lights.
I believe pad 0 is the master pad and controls all the others. Did you update 0?

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think it's not getting a good connection to the wires beneath. Might have to solder some jumpers from the power wires to the pins on the aux module. I removed and replaced the module and got a flicker on one of the LED's on the aux module, which I wasn't getting before as well as the ability to dim/brighten that LED. I'm pretty sure it's a power connection issue with those pins piercing the wires below. Maybe corrosion in those pin holes or something...

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's not getting a good connection to the wires beneath. Might have to solder some jumpers from the power wires to the pins on the aux module. I removed and replaced the module and got a flicker on one of the LED's on the aux module, which I wasn't getting before as well as the ability to dim/brighten that LED. I'm pretty sure it's a power connection issue with those pins piercing the wires below. Maybe corrosion in those pin holes or something...
Did you install with the install tool?
IMG_8070.JPG

You may need to just press it in farther so the pins make good contact.

Cali9dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That sucker is pressed as far in as it can go. These were already installed when I got the lights. I can tell they were working because the acrylic splash shield is faded under that module exactly where the 3 LED's are.

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucker is pressed as far in as it can go. These were already installed when I got the lights. I can tell they were working because the acrylic splash shield is faded under that module exactly where the 3 LED's are.
Sorry you're having such trouble.

infinityends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would move the pad over just a bit so it has to make new pinholes. Possible one of the pinholes isn't making good contact and if you can move it over enough to make a fresh connection it will help.

infinityends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also since I'm on this thread again. If anyone has the leg brackets for the Illumina and wants to get rid of them I can't find them anywhere and would really like a set to avoid hanging the light on a new small tank in setting up

imustbenuts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also since I'm on this thread again. If anyone has the leg brackets for the Illumina and wants to get rid of them I can't find them anywhere and would really like a set to avoid hanging the light on a new small tank in setting up
You should contact the local Vertex guys. They are still supporting the light. Look a few posts or pages back the contact info was given I think.

Back