Vertex Illumina Official Thread

general0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GeneralO, any word yet?

I did actually get in touch with Jen. I'm waiting for her to get back to me with a quote on how much it's going to cost to repair now! Honestly if it's going to be too costly I'll be tossing this light in the garbage and going back to metal halides!

OP
OP
Alabamareef

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did actually get in touch with Jen. I'm waiting for her to get back to me with a quote on how much it's going to cost to repair now! Honestly if it's going to be too costly I'll be tossing this light in the garbage and going back to metal halides!

Don't can it..... Let me know what Jen tells you I may be able to help you on the price.

OP
OP
Alabamareef

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added some supplimental lighting to my Vertex Illumina. T12 VHO's super actinic's X 2. Check it out....
BEFORE
490FCC1D-D3D8-4273-A8A1-59CD11FCAB63_zpsvxf4ls3q.jpg

57E8C996-F96B-41D8-BFAF-6B66AC7B884A_zpsn9ojbptw.jpg

AFTER
622F401E-6EE6-4D3C-B6B5-DBFAF630A3BF_zpsnpzdfvmu.jpg

general0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't can it..... Let me know what Jen tells you I may be able to help you on the price.

Jen got back to me on my light, it's goint to be way more than I want to spend on fixing it and I've pretty much made my mind up on just switching back over to 250w MH and build my leds fixtures. I'll just sell it off as parts for someone else to deal with. Thanks though!

OP
OP
Alabamareef

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jen got back to me on my light, it's goint to be way more than I want to spend on fixing it and I've pretty much made my mind up on just switching back over to 250w MH and build my leds fixtures. I'll just sell it off as parts for someone else to deal with. Thanks though!

Sent you a PM

FuzzySPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone offer advice on how best to suspend their Illumina over their tank? I bought a 260 even though I do not yet have a tank over which to place it (got too good a deal from BRS to pass up so it is sitting in a box in a closet). The fixture is four feet long and will go over a four and a half to four and three-quarter foot long rimless tank (thirty inches front to back). Bought the hanging wire kit and have to admit that (based on prior experience) I have my hands in the tank more often than I know I should. That said, how do you move the fixture out of the way when working in different areas of the display tank? I thought about the braces for the side of the tank which supports the fixture (can the fixture be raised with this set-up?) but think it will be even worse for tank access and convenience. Any and all insight from experienced Illumina users will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

JDavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is how I went on mine. Tank is 48x30x18. I've got plenty of room to play around.

Last edited:

FuzzySPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome...thanks! How high above the water are your lights? Do you feel like you have even light distribution throughout, i.e., equally bright everywhere? Kinda hard to tell from photos sometimes.

JDavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running it 8" off the water. Yes, it's kinda hard to tell in the pics.. but it get great spread. Covers the whole tank. Mine is a 3ft SR360.

FuzzySPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad I asked cuz my fixture is four feet so it would need to be lower it and then I'm back to my original problem. Maybe I should go to a five foot tank and do as you have done. Hey, any excuse for a bigger tank, right? Thanks for the help. Tank looks great, by the way.

JDavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another tip if you've read through this thread... the whites on these are super strong. I can't run mine above 45%. Great light though... Love mine.
5ft = more Reef!

sedgro

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone - I recently fried the controlled and #0 pad of my 5 ft SR360 illumina. I was able to get a 1ft unit and salvage the controlled and #0 pad from it. The problems is I can't get the master pad to recognize the other 9. I've tried hard resets on all pads. I have tried going through the desktop software and doing a firmware upgrade (only was able to get it to find the first pad). Nothing seems to work. I know BRS and proline used to sell replacement pads, so it seems there has go to be some way for the end user to do this. Proline seems very unresponsive lately...

JDavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could help... but you've gone way further than I. Following as always here.

JDavis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone - I recently fried the controlled and #0 pad of my 5 ft SR360 illumina. I was able to get a 1ft unit and salvage the controlled and #0 pad from it. The problems is I can't get the master pad to recognize the other 9. I've tried hard resets on all pads. I have tried going through the desktop software and doing a firmware upgrade (only was able to get it to find the first pad). Nothing seems to work. I know BRS and proline used to sell replacement pads, so it seems there has go to be some way for the end user to do this. Proline seems very unresponsive lately...

Any luck?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back