• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Vertex Omega 180i Skimmer

ehutchby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a used, very good condition, Vertex Omega 180i Skimmer for sale. I used it successfully on a 120g, fully stocked system. I also run another one on the same type of system now. The skimmer is almost dead silent. Is a work horse and will provide a lot of oxygen to your system. They are very well made. $275 shipped

The Omega 180i skimmer is rated for up to 184 gallon aquarium. It uses the new wine bottle shape for maximum efficency. They also utilize a new modded Sicce pinwheel pump.
The Vertex Omega 180i has a powerful custom Sicce Syncra V-180 inside the skimmer body. Wine bottle body shape with solid construction, Sicce pump, pinwheel impeller, custom volute and pumphead, titanium screws, ozone port and silicone coupler.
* Tank Size: 92-184 Gallons (350-700 Liter)
* Power Consumption: ~28W
* Air Draw: Approx. 238 GPH (900 LPH) - 343 GPH (1300 LPH)
* Footprint: 10.5" x 11"
* Height: 23.25"
* Optimal Level: Max 8" Min 7.5"

**BRS Recommended Tank Size:**
Lightly Stocked - 180 Gallons
Medium Stocked - 145 Gallons
Heavily Stocked - 100 Gallons
## Features
* Wine Bottle Body Shape
* Cast acrylic and PVC construction
* Hot welded seams
* Pinwheel impeller and custom Sicce pump
* Fine tuning adjustable venturi
* Easily screw off collection cup
* Ozone injection point
* Ultra-quiet operation
* Low power consumption
* High bio-load capacity
* Easy maintenance with Titanium screws
* Dimensions: 248mm x 261mm x 583mm (9.76" x 10.28" x 22.95")

IMG_4342.jpg IMG_4238.jpg IMG_4319.jpg

OP
OP
ehutchby

ehutchby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this video to show how quiet the skimmer is and how well it works. I had my cell phone in the sump area and you can barely hear the skimmer running. the other noise was from the calcium reactor and the drain. I hope this helps you buy with confidence.

Big D

Master of my Domain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome skimmers, especially with this size footprint! Mine skim like beasts! :cool:

Taylor Hahn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes these are one of the best skimmers as they were made by royal exclusive one the brands known to make the highest quality skimmers. And royal exclusive skimmers usually go for $800-$1600 depending on the size of them. And I have a vertex 180i and it’s by far the best skimmer I have used and the quality of the materials and construction is just top notch with titanium screws and etc. So good luck with the sale man

jwilliams860

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes these are one of the best skimmers as they were made by royal exclusive one the brands known to make the highest quality skimmers. And royal exclusive skimmers usually go for $800-$1600 depending on the size of them. And I have a vertex 180i and it’s by far the best skimmer I have used and the quality of the materials and construction is just top notch with titanium screws and etc. So good luck with the sale man
Just for reference the royal exclusiv/vertex partnership died years ago. The last skimmer RK produced was their alpha line of skimmers but that too ended. If you had an RK alpha skimmer it would say "Royal Exclusiv" in the lid and also on the pump. All of the omega line were designed by vertex but built in China. The only omega that shared anything with RK was the 200i and it used a Laguna Askoll motor block which RK used in its not DC pumps.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back