Vertex Pump for 180i Skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Coach63
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Coach63

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2015
Messages
186
Reaction score
52
Location
West Knoxville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a Vertex 180i skimmer that the pump went out. I have attached pictures of (what I think) is the problem. It seems the impeller does not spin on the shaft. When I plug it in, it vibrates but does not push water. Do you know where I can get a new impeller assembly? I have a call into bulk reef supply but can not find it on their website. Thanks in advance.
IMG_6097.JPG
IMG_6098.JPG
IMG_6099.JPG
 
I had the same trouble when the Vertex pump on my 280 went. I just spent the extra money and upgraded to BB pump. I just needed to make an adapter. It has been been a reliable upgrade with parts readily available from Reef Octopus.
 
Hello, I have a Vertex 180i skimmer that the pump went out. I have attached pictures of (what I think) is the problem. It seems the impeller does not spin on the shaft. When I plug it in, it vibrates but does not push water. Do you know where I can get a new impeller assembly? I have a call into bulk reef supply but can not find it on their website. Thanks in advance.
IMG_6097.JPG
IMG_6098.JPG
IMG_6099.JPG
That should be a modified Sicce PSK series pump possibly the PSK-600
 
I had the same trouble when the Vertex pump on my 280 went. I just spent the extra money and upgraded to BB pump. I just needed to make an adapter. It has been been a reliable upgrade with parts readily available from Reef Octopus.
Please help me out and let me know what brand "BB pump" is?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new