Vertex Puratek RO/DI auto shutoff question

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I just acquired a Vertex / Puratek 100 gpd RO/DI from a friend, as an upgrade over my old RO/DI. I have two questions for those of you who own it:

1) This unit is indeed designed to shutoff the waste water when a float valve closes the product water, correct?

2) When your product water valve shuts, how long does it take for your waste water to shut off?

The reason I'm asking these questions is because it seems that there is not a clear stoppage of the waste water after the float valve closes on my product water. I understand the system flushes after product water backpressure is detected, but my waste water continues to taper down and continue to trickle.

BTW, this is the unit:
51b7sSuc02L._SX425_.jpg

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you would also need an aso valve and i’m not sure if your unit has one. do you have a photo of your actual unit?

with the proper setup it can take a couple minutes before the water stops completely.

Ocelaris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want an electronic shutoff valve for the pump. Can you see a solenoid valve after the ro product water hooked up to the pump somehow?

DarkTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the system. I have it it’s plum tree into my auto top off valves on my cell. The whole unit. One step house is activated

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You want an electronic shutoff valve for the pump. Can you see a solenoid valve after the ro product water hooked up to the pump somehow?

good catch i didn’t see the photo at first. some units with booster pumps have one and some have two solenoids.

OP
OP
undermind

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the system. I have it it’s plum tree into my auto top off valves on my cell. The whole unit. One step house is activated
Just trying to make sense of this... Can you clarify a bit?

I'm 99% certain the system is designed to shut down the waste water when the product water is stopped via a valve. And yes there is a solenoid. I'm trying to determine whether the functionality is correct, considering the very long trickle flow after the unit senses the reservoir is full.

Here's a drawing of the unit flow:

attachment.php

DarkTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just trying to make sense of this... Can you clarify a bit?

I'm 99% certain the system is designed to shut down the waste water when the product water is stopped via a valve. And yes there is a solenoid. I'm trying to determine whether the functionality is correct, considering the very long trickle flow after the unit senses the reservoir is full.

Here's a drawing of the unit flow:

attachment.php

Sorry I was driving and tried to speech to text...

I have the same unit. I have it plumbed into my sump with a float valve. It’s been working fine for 2 years. When float valve is lifted, the entire unit will shut off and will say that the reservoir is full. Everything stops.

OP
OP
undermind

undermind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I was driving and tried to speech to text...

I have the same unit. I have it plumbed into my sump with a float valve. It’s been working fine for 2 years. When float valve is lifted, the entire unit will shut off and will say that the reservoir is full. Everything stops.
No worries, thank you for the quick reply. I have a similar setup - product water ran into a RO container, via float valve. Waste water to another container. I'll give it some more time and keep an eye on it. So far, I've only run fairly brief tests, triggering the float valve with my hand. I've only had the patience to hold the valve up while watching the waste water tubing for about 5 minutes max. It's been trickling at that point both times.

DarkTang

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries, thank you for the quick reply. I have a similar setup - product water ran into a RO container, via float valve. Waste water to another container. I'll give it some more time and keep an eye on it. So far, I've only run fairly brief tests, triggering the float valve with my hand. I've only had the patience to hold the valve up while watching the waste water tubing for about 5 minutes max. It's been trickling at that point both times.

Yes I have the same Rodi unit plumbed into 200g reservoir and 75g reservoir as well

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back