RO Float valve triggering auto flush

cyber_ecco

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone can help me out. Installed a float valve on my reservoir to my RODI system but when the water is almost full and the water output is super low it constantly triggers my auto flush over and over. Water never shuts off, just trickles and then auto flush activates again. If I manually fill the water higher the system shuts off like it should. Seems like an issue with high pressure switch, or maybe the way its configured. I'm using a Ispring RO unit with booster pump and dual membrane uprgrade. Electric solenoid. Anyone have this issue or know how I can fix it? Unit works perfectly fine otherwise. I upgraded to the BRS Auto Flush restrictor. I attached photo of how the system is plumbed. Thanks!

Ispring.JPG

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know people have them set up like this, but imo not a good idea. Your ato reservoir will have a never ending supply of water when something goes wrong and will flood the house. Just fill up a 5 gallon water jug and refill the reservoir by hand.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know people have them set up like this, but imo not a good idea. Your ato reservoir will have a never ending supply of water when something goes wrong and will flood the house. Just fill up a 5 gallon water jug and refill the reservoir by hand.
You can just put in a 1/4 overflow 1” above float and plumb it back to waste line. I have two systems this way and neither has ever over flowed after decades.

To OP. Where is the auto shut off valve?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 98 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back