Vertical water storage tanks

anbosu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like to pick up a couple of vertical water storage tanks, preferably 100 gallons or so. Does anyone know where I could get some locally? Tractor Supply has 65 gallon vertical tanks, but I'd like to get something bigger without paying shipping if I can, since shipping is typically as much or more than the tanks themselves.

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a storage tank from Blain's Farm and Fleet. The periodically run sales with free shipping. They carry lots of different sizes....

sandalscout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
A

anbosu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About the only thing that I've found that was affordable (after shipping) and of a decent size is this:

https://www.ruralking.com/ace-roto-mold-40-gallon-vertical-dome-top-tank-vt0040-18.html

I just ordered two for about $165 shipped. I would have liked something slightly larger, but can definitely make due with this for now. I can't easily get something larger from a store myself, shipping was about my only option.

I've been really surprised, I've spent a decent amount of google time on this and I can't seem to find something close to Nashville. Thanks for the heads up on that site, they at least have a little cheaper shipping than some of the other options.

Saltlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About the only thing that I've found that was affordable (after shipping) and of a decent size is this:

https://www.ruralking.com/ace-roto-mold-40-gallon-vertical-dome-top-tank-vt0040-18.html

I just ordered two for about $165 shipped. I would have liked something slightly larger, but can definitely make due with this for now. I can't easily get something larger from a store myself, shipping was about my only option.

Same place I was thinking of too. They have lots of different sizes and 1 location is located in Clarksville, Tn and 1 is located in Muscle Shoals, Al. I could help with picking up a large quantity if need be with an enclosed trailer.

https://www.ruralking.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=ace+roto+tank#q=ace roto tank&sort=salepriceasc&mpp=72

sandalscout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same place I was thinking of too. They have lots of different sizes and 1 location is located in Clarksville, Tn and 1 is located in Muscle Shoals, Al. I could help with picking up a large quantity if need be with an enclosed trailer.

https://www.ruralking.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=ace+roto+tank#q=ace roto tank&sort=salepriceasc&mpp=72

Unfortunately, the individual stores don't often carry a large selection of tanks in them, if at all. It's been a long while since I've been to the one in Clarksville, but I used to live about 5 miles from it, and they tended to have a few very large ones in the parking lot, but that was it.

Of course, they may be able to arrange delivery of several to a store, but I don't know that it'll be much cheaper than having them shipped to your house.

Just an FYI. I'd hate for someone to drive a few hours expecting to have a variety and be disappointed.

Davster007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, the individual stores don't often carry a large selection of tanks in them, if at all. It's been a long while since I've been to the one in Clarksville, but I used to live about 5 miles from it, and they tended to have a few very large ones in the parking lot, but that was it.

Of course, they may be able to arrange delivery of several to a store, but I don't know that it'll be much cheaper than having them shipped to your house.

Just an FYI. I'd hate for someone to drive a few hours expecting to have a variety and be disappointed.

I agree i live in clarksville 40 gallon tank are easy but when you need 65 or 100 thats when you have problems.

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Saltlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ya if they free shipping to the house that would be best. Just figured I'd offer if someone needed to drive to get them. And yes a drive to Clarksville and they not have anything would suck.

sandalscout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.ruralking.com/ace-roto-mold-rectangle-utility-tank-sp0055-mm.html

I purchased two of these back on January 20th and have yet to receive them. I inquired with CS and was told they are on backorder and set to ship in the first full week of March. So...a long wait but shipping was free and I liked the idea of the rectangular tanks for a cleaner, space saving look.
Those look nicer than the 44s I ordered. I apparently missed them when poking around. Going to see if they can change my order to these. Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back