• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Very bad experience with Turbo21

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reefhappy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 10 frags from Turbo21 (Bob) and paid on 8-4-2014, took him till 9-16-2014 to ship. Packaging was very very bad with very little water almost not enough to cover coral and when I received, I took temp of water (I always do to judge my drip period). Temp was at 58 degrees, we were having some nights in the low 40's. Box had very little insulation and no kind of packs to try to keep warm.
I notified him immediately that one coral was crushed and that a couple had started to RTN (I expected from cold temps) and I sent pics!! He told me to keep an eye on them and wait a day or so and see what happens. So next evening I got home from work and all but 1 had completely RTN'd and it had started.
Here is where the real problem begins..... Now he starts with only having a 2 hour guarantee (Mind you after telling me to wait) and after several emails said he would replace. But after all this hassle and the long ship times and talking to several others that was buying his frag packs at the same time and all was complaining of his ship methods and losses, I told him I would prefer a refund. Just felt like I was being scammed all along and never felt right about the transaction with the long ship times and lack of communication.

Now he started blowing up about how he was tired of whiny reefers and didn't care if I left bad feedback because no one looks at them anyway and all people care about is a cheap price. If you do look at his feedback it started out okay but over the last several months, it has went severely down hill!! Over the last year he is 50/50 for positive versus negative feedback, VERY POOR!!!

I am not the only one that has had a problem! So, I left feedback and in return he left bad feedback, saying that i did a chargeback?? Well I challenge him to prove it. I have proof I paid him and I bet he has none, for his claim. He is a sorry excuse of a honest reefer and would warn anyone ( NO MATTER HOW CHEAP THE PRICE) to buy from him in the future!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shane. You forgot to tell the truth In Your thread.

You never said there was any Rtn when they were delivered. You actually filed a PayPal claim immediately after receiving the package. Saying the corals all browned out. And did this before even contacting me Not once on day 1 did you say Rtn.

And you also forgot to mention where I told you multiple times I would replace everything for free. Not a penny at all from you. Reshipped the entire order regardless of what was alive still And you didn't want that. You wanted cash. And would except nothing less. I even offered you a partial refund minus shipping and minus the frags you still had alive. Nope not good enough.

Things happen during shipping. And I understand that. And even though you didn't follow any of the doa policy set forth I still offered a replacement pack at NO charge

And yes. You sent pictures A day later. Only one picture of a frag in the bag. The rest were taken after they were dipped and put in your tank

But even with you not following doa policy. I still offered a full replacement pack.

And now you are lying about filing a chargeback. Hmmm. That's not what you told me. Twice and even gloated about it

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

reefhappy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bob, I can make your emails say anything I want, as well. All I have to do is put a cursor anywhere in the body and delete and type. I would show you but I deleted everything a couple weeks ago. But easily done! I will let the experience by me and others speak for your actions. Like I said 50% bad feedback in last year, speaks volumes to your character

Like I said keep the money, I will take it as an inexpensive learning experience to never buy from anyone over the net.

I did tell you they were RTN'd and I texted your wife (number on the box) and she said I had the wrong number, I tried to PM you here and your inbox was full. So only way I could contact you was through paypal.

Thanks for nothing

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

reefhappy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure that is part of the reason it is against the rules here to post personal conversations in the forum because they are easily manipulated. I posed yours, when it first happened to show what you said and what happened and it was taken down as quick as I posted.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now you are accusing me of altering emails? Screenshot right from the phone.

So you are saying you didn't send me an email saying you filed a chargeback??

You recieved frags. The box was damaged in shipping. And I offered to replace everything no charge days later. You didn't want that. I also offered you a partial refund minus the shipping and minus the frags that were still alive. And that wasn't good enough.

No one. Not a supporting vendor. Not any other individual here would give you a full refund including shipping price. I have been more than fair with my offers. Even with you not following my doa guidelines

I still offered replacements and a partial refund

Sure my feedback isn't great recently. But when you have 4 of the negatives are totally false. One was taken care of and the reefer left positive feedback directly after
1 is a duplicate another 1was retaliation from a reefer who's friend left the duplicate and 1 was left buy a mystery person. Who signed up just to leave a negative feedback to my name and has never made a post.

So when I say feedback here is pretty much meaningless. It's the truth. The negatives that are false and duplicates aren't removed. And What about the 30 people who had positive transactions and didn't leave any feedback at all? But these are the threads that have meaning to them

Because instead of a 20 word blurb. The whole story comes out. Call me what you want. But I am not the one who started this thread with a lie about not filing a chargeback. So who is someone going to trust?

The seller who offered a full replacement or a partial refund. Or the guy who starts the thread with lies and then has the nerve to accuse me of altering the email.

But calling me a liar and saying I altered the emails. I am done with you.

If anyone wants to see copies of the emails from Shane saying he has already filed a chargeback Shoot me a pm. I will be glad to show you what a liar he is. Sellers beware

Last edited:

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Posting private correspondence is not permitted per the site's terms of service:
Dealer/Vendor and Customer Disputes:

This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and dealer through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community. Posting of emails or private messages are prohibited. This user agreement is subject to change to fit the communities best interest.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please remember that parties not involved in the transaction are not allowed to post in a negative feedback thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 72 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back