Very Poor experience with Reef-Mart

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dr. D
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dr. D

Inactive Account
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2024
Messages
871
Reaction score
1,135
Location
Elsewhere
Since they recently sponsored a site giveaway, I’m sure there are some people happy with Reef-Mart. I’m not here to invalidate your experience. But mine was very different.

I’d never heard of them before their association with R2R, so I checked out their website. They list one type of fish, which is out of stock. That’s fine, since I didn’t want fish from them. They list 93 items on their Equipment page. Not impressive, but many of those items are Hydros. So fine. They offered a discount to R2R Supporting Members. Cool.

Their page includes their address and a linked map. I zoomed in. They operate out of a storage unit in Edwardsburg, MI. That’s fine, I figured. You have to start somewhere, and I took comfort in the R2R connection. On Jan 5, I ordered a Hydros XP8. The next day I got an email saying they won’t be available to ship until Jan 13. I said that’s ok.

As recently as yesterday I was assured the unit would ship today (the 13th). Then today I get an email saying:
Hey I went to box up your XP8 today and we’re out of them, I apologize I thought we had more in stock
The original story was that they wouldn’t be in until today. Now they’re out of stock. When I pointed out the inconsistency I was told “I was out of town and just got back.” I requested a refund.

Should have followed my initial instincts. Very unprofessional and a waste of time.
 
Last edited:
Since they recently sponsored a site giveaway, I’m sure there are some people happy with Reef-Mart, aka Michiana Pet Supply. I’m not here to invalidate your experience. But mine was very different.

I’d never heard of them before their association with R2R, so I checked out their website. They list one type of fish, which is out of stock. That’s fine, since I didn’t want fish from them. They list 93 items on their Equipment page. Not impressive, but many of those items are Hydros. So fine. They offered a discount to R2R Supporting Members. Cool.

Their page includes their address and a linked map. I zoomed in. They operate out of a storage unit in Edwardsburg, MI. That’s fine, I figured. You have to start somewhere, and I took comfort in the R2R connection. On Jan 5, I ordered a Hydros XP8. The next day I got an email saying they won’t be available to ship until Jan 13. I said that’s ok.

As recently as yesterday I was assured the unit would ship today (the 13th). Then today I get an email saying:
Hey I went to box up your XP8 today and we’re out of them, I apologize I thought we had more in stock
The original story was that they wouldn’t be in until today. Now they’re out of stock. When I pointed out the inconsistency I was told “I was out of town and just got back.” I requested a refund.

Should have followed my initial instincts. Very unprofessional and a waste of time.
Yea sorry about that, Reef-Mart is ran by one person (myself) and I had an inventory mix up while out of town for two weeks.

Your refund has been processed and I apologize for wasting your time.
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new