• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Very sad experience with fellow member McREEFER

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contacted this guy to in the trading forum to swap an old laptop computer for an MP10, I told him I had one minus power supply. He responded by saying no problem he could use something to get it to work. I ship it in good faith and he receives it. He then says its not working properly, trouble shoots for a few days then says he can only get one mode to work. McREEFER then asked if I want some money for it? I would like the lap top I said, he does not answer. After him having my equipment for a week and a half I said let's just bag it, this one was not meant to be just return it. Week and a half ago says he will ship it back then..........NOTHING. weird because he is on here all the time but cannot man up and return my equipment. If you have to screw over a fellow reefer that helped you in good faith you got bigger problems then me. Please get some integrity dude, your weak. If I can offer and advice please avoid dealing with this guy, sad to say it.
Ed

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, it's not a tough situation to solve. Honestly if this guy would have said he's broke and could use it I would have just given it to him. This is the first time someone in the hobby has shafted me like this, overall I have met a ton of great people. All he has to do is pm me, makes zero sense.

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, sorry to hear. Have dealt with Edzo before and you couldn't find a more stand up guy. Hopefully McReefer mans up and does the right thing.

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate you saying that, do unto others right?

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please return my MP10 and we are all good. Simple solution my friend

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still nothing yet he's surfing on here daily. Class act

Izro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man he's from the same city I'm in I remember his post on our local forum

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly If I had his address and city I would of had the police department at his house as soon as he said he will give me cash.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you notify his local police department?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

I guess but I would feel funny. What is a police officer was neglecting a domestic abuse case to take info on my stolen MP10? Lol, I know that's extreme but it's just a matter of principal. I would honestly give it to someone in need if they were jammed up on funds.

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man he's from the same city I'm in I remember his post on our local forum

That's why I wanted to mention it, would hate to see anyone else get jammed up. Overall have met some of the most awesome people in the reef hobby, just got stuck with the exception here.

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He tried trading me a computer for my MP10, but thankfully, I rememberd that he had a thread on it and it stated it was closed cause teh transaction was completed.

Pumbooris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He sent me a pm a while back saying someone sent him a dead mp10 but he didnt send the computer yet and was asking me if I wanted to trade for it but I declined as well.

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just seen your post on DFWMAS

Yea, they pulled it. I tried to be respectful but it's not their problem and I guess I can understand. I just wanted to shake another tree. It's jut unreal that he's trying REALLY hard to ignore the fact that he was shady in his transaction with me. Has not stopped him from going about normal forum business though, no shame in this man. Every other guy I've met in the hobby has had a conscious.

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He sent me a pm a while back saying someone sent him a dead mp10 but he didnt send the computer yet and was asking me if I wanted to trade for it but I declined as well.

Wise man. I was very clear as to what I sent and checked it prior to shipping. I have a few of these and checked it with two different drivers. Lets play why if and it broke is transport, still send it back?? Wetside, driver? Would cost him 7 dollars!

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to say I do not know this guy personally, only experience is with this silly transaction. He may be a good dude, who really knows. We all make mistakes, I just would like him to please be a man and do right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back