• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Very sad experience with fellow member McREEFER

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitety1025

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to say I do not know this guy personally, only experience is with this silly transaction. He may be a good dude, who really knows. We all make mistakes, I just would like him to please be a man and do right thing.

this is probably the big score of his life anyboby that needs to beat someone for a broken mp10 has to be a loser

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone who knows me knows I have a busy life with my business and my children. Chasing this guy is pretty low on things I like to do, as in dead last. That being said I do not like being ripped off and I truly do not think there is any place for it here. I like this forum because it keeps the personal nonsense to a minimum and focuses on the fun of this awesome hobby. This was the last place I thought I would run into a problem, my continued energy spent on this matter has nothing to do with my mp 10. I actually found the power supply and if I ever do get it back I am giving it away to someone who really can use it. This is about principal. What if was next to broke and that was my only mp10? What if I was really counting on that lap top for work? If he just mans up all is forgiven, please return what is not yours.

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! I just read through this thread anticipating his reply and nothing. I will do as I always do and pm him saying man up and respond. This sux. Maybe something happened or he hasn't seen thread.

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres my pm to mcreefer..

Hey there's a thread where Enzo is accusing u of screwing him over regarding a laptop.. Hope ou make this right!

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres my pm to mcreefer..

Hey there's a thread where Enzo is accusing u of screwing him over regarding a laptop.. Hope ou make this right!

Thank u Pappy and happy Father's Day! We will see what happens, my fingers are crossed. I would be happy to Make all of my private PM's to him public so everyone would see just how many chances I gave McREEFER before I publicly called him on his actions. Anyway thank you all for being supportive, it's really obvious this is an exception and not the norm around here!

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is probably the big score of his life anyboby that needs to beat someone for a broken mp10 has to be a loser

If he would have contacted me last week and explained what was going on I would have surely been forgiving. I already forgive him but just do not like the fact that he's still working with this lap top trying to trade it! I was thinking he traded it to someone else but he is still posting it as being available so who knows what the story is. Just do not want anyone else to get beat. I was thinking of renting a billboard in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to call him out on it!! Lol

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol LOVE the billboard idea! So sad to see this sorta thing happen here.

Planedoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you file a small claims case in court he will have to repay you + court cost and any other fees/expenses you in cure. I would just do daily search of his posts and comment on everyone. "Wheres my power head or my lap top"
Tapatalk on Galaxy S3

fyrfytr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess but I would feel funny. What is a police officer was neglecting a domestic abuse case to take info on my stolen MP10? Lol, I know that's extreme but it's just a matter of principal. I would honestly give it to someone in need if they were jammed up on funds.

That is what multiple officers are for, as well as priority vs non-priority calls. My thought is that I would PM him and say that since he still has your property that if he is not going to return the property or complete the transaction as agreed upon you will be seeking legal actions. Can start with sending the police to his residence to encourage him to return the property and if he still will not then small clames court would be the next step unless you want to claim he stole it and then I am not sure how you would procede since it is over state lines.

Either way, I would HOPE that would scare him enough to get the transation completed

scooterc268

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. As a LEO in my state, according to what you wrote it fits our statue for theft (misdemeanor). Also, don't worry yourself about calling the police and he/she will be held up by your complaint. They can leave and always come back.

If this took place in my jurisdiction, he would be contacted by his local agency for him to contact me. If he called and refused to return said property, then a warrant would be applied for and if the judge granted it, he would be promptly notified again. :cool:

Another thing you could do is file a lien on him. People do it all the time. That is a civil matter and I have no experience in such.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to travel for the next 10 days for work so that will make it tough to follow through with the legal route while on the road. if I don't at least hear something by the time i return then that will be my last option unfortunately. Not a peep from this guy so far, hard to believe. On different forum I posted what happened and someone commented that my post was removed because it "did not add up"? Well if I was innocent and some guy railed on me up and down the boards for weeks I really don't think I say nothing and sit on my hands??? He is correct though, it does not add up. Maybe soon it will.

KJAG

Rogue
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to travel for the next 10 days for work so that will make it tough to follow through with the legal route while on the road. if I don't at least hear something by the time i return then that will be my last option unfortunately. Not a peep from this guy so far, hard to believe. On different forum I posted what happened and someone commented that my post was removed because it "did not add up"? Well if I was innocent and some guy railed on me up and down the boards for weeks I really don't think I say nothing and sit on my hands??? He is correct though, it does not add up. Maybe soon it will.

He's a Premium Member over at DFWMAS, so there's the culprit in your post getting removed.
The Reef community's a tight one. A small niche. Crazy that someone would drag their credibility through the mud over a used MP10. I wonder if the moniker " MP10 poacher" is available as an avatar sig?

808jaymakoa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this site and dont want to overstep my boundaries here but just curious if a moderator will step in?

Planedoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can find an attorney next to the court house they will take the case because it's so easy. Attorney fees are added to the court costs and the other person will have to pay them. Basically he files for you and a court date is set. If the person shows the judge will decide. If not you automatically win. If it's ruled in your favor they will either return property, pay court costs plus attorney fees and you don't even need to be there as long as you can provide attorney with enough info to prove the case. Most people when threatened with this pay first

Tapatalk on Galaxy S3

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's a Premium Member over at DFWMAS, so there's the culprit in your post getting removed.
The Reef community's a tight one. A small niche. Crazy that someone would drag their credibility through the mud over a used MP10. I wonder if the moniker " MP10 poacher" is available as an avatar sig?

Lol, I like the sig! Mp 10 poacher is going to have to be mine. I agree, with your comment. Unless its a blood relation I'm not standing next to someone who is clearly wrong. Even then I'm probably going to step away but that's the only scenario I can imagine where I'd stick up for someone. I have seen he visits this thread so he cannot claim that trip to Antartica for not knowing what's up! It really is crazy, not a peep. McREEFERs famous last words " I'll ship it first thing next week" !!

OP
OP
E

Edzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this site and dont want to overstep my boundaries here but just curious if a moderator will step in?

I thought the same thing but to be honest I am glad they have not. I really do not want to bash this guy not really knowing him. I have stated SEVERAL times if he would please return it all is forgiven and forgotten. I have also said that my private PM's to him would be welcome to be made public. It really shows how wrong this situation is and no one deserves to be stolen from. Especially when my intentions were nothing but good. Keeping this clean and respectful has hopefully had a hand in allowing this thread to remain.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mods don't usually step in. You are at risk doing deals' online it is none of their business. He could claim you never sent it and then its his word against yours. I would guess if this person was screwing multiple people over or there was proof he would get the boot.

I am not saying I don't believe you though.

Does this guy even know this thread exists?

I think if it were a vendor screwing people over that would be different because that would actually hurt reef2reefs reputation along with other reef2 reef vendors.

Last edited:

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a few days just wondering if there's been any response as I've not heard any from my pm. Perhaps we all should send a pm asking for a reply!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back