Very small, unfriendly looking snail on acro

dtruitt

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2020
Messages
492
Reaction score
291
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this guy on an acro that's been struggling even after correcting a number of issues. Hes about 2mm long.

I took no prisoners, he is drying out on the kitchen counter now.

20200614_231150.jpg 20200614_231559.jpg
 
My first thought is pyramidellid snail... but I think pyramidellids are much lighter(almost white) in color and have a 'pointier' shell similar to a cerith or trumpet. This shell is different.

Part of me also feels like it looks like a baby assassin snail? But it doesn't have the bright stripes. Hmmm!!

Fingers and toes crossed that we can get a snail expert in here.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new