very vibrant rainbow anemone vs Colorado sunburst

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me does a very vibrant rainbow bubble anemone looks exactly the same as a Colorado sunburst anemone? I didn’t take a picture of this rainbow bubble anemone when I stopped by a not so local but LFS. It has the same vibrant green /blue radiant center and oranges tentacles
I plan on purchasing it tomorrow because I’m pretty sure it is, it’s in a tank with 20 other RBA and it’s the only one that has that coloration and vibrant.
I just came across a similar post on R2R from 2019.
I may put myself on a mission to see the original mother CSB from 2014 if it’s still alive

Last edited:

MischiefReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just me does a very vibrant rainbow bubble anemone looks exactly the same as a Colorado sunburst anemone? I didn’t take a picture of this rainbow bubble anemone when I stopped by a not so local but LFS. It has the same vibrant green /blue radiant center and oranges tentacles
I plan on purchasing it tomorrow because I’m pretty sure it is, it’s in a tank with 20 other RBA and it’s the only one that has that coloration and vibrant.
I just came across a similar post on R2R from 2019.
I may put myself on a mission to see the original mother CSB from 2014 if it’s still alive
Tough to say without a picture. Very few lineaged CSBs available these days from my understanding, or at least in the limited Canadian market.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's mine.
20230403_132132.jpg
20230403_132039.jpg

Back of tank leads difficult to take pictures. Infernos can have a very much alike coloration as csb. Both are a sunburst anemone variant.

OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's mine.
20230403_132132.jpg
20230403_132039.jpg

Back of tank leads difficult to take pictures. Infernos can have a very much alike coloration as csb. Both are a sunburst anemone variant.
WOW :star-struck:
that’s exactly what it looks like. Yours look about 5”??? the LFS I think it’s about 3”. $75 for it. You think it’s a good deal

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOW :star-struck:
that’s exactly what it looks like. Yours look about 5”??? the LFS I think it’s about 3”. $75 for it. You think it’s a good deal
Yes its a good deal. Inferno is over 6", rbta is 5". I got my rbta for 250 and under 3". The colors were different and i love the color morphs.
You can get pink tips from free to any price. Most dont even come close to vibrant as these 2 up there.

OP
OP
hexcolor reef

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes its a good deal. Inferno is over 6", rbta is 5". I got my rbta for 250 and under 3". The colors were different and i love the color morphs.
You can get pink tips from free to any price. Most dont even come close to vibrant as these 2 up there.
I’ll come back to this post in the afternoon, I want to share this anemone with you. Looking at yours makes it a for sure buy on my end. I’ll come back to post picks with it I’m my tank.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a CSB to my nem tank a few months ago (LFS didn't know what they had). It toned down in vibrancy quite a bit and is now nearly identical in coloration to my non-csb RBTA's. You just never know with these things sometimes.

MischiefReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a CSB to my nem tank a few months ago (LFS didn't know what they had). It toned down in vibrancy quite a bit and is now nearly identical in coloration to my non-csb RBTA's. You just never know with these things sometimes.
Perhaps it was a slightly bleached rainbow that was under misleading lighting at the LFS? Just a wild guess! From my limited experience with CSBs they have always retained their color, even the 3 anemone babies I have given to friends still look like my original after a few years.

Crustaceon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps it was a slightly bleached rainbow that was under misleading lighting at the LFS? Just a wild guess! From my limited experience with CSBs they have always retained their color, even the 3 anemone babies I have given to friends still look like my original after a few years.
It's a weird one because it had solid color to it compared to a bleached anemone which look at little pale and translucent compared to a healthy BTA. I managed to pick up a splitling from that nem at the same time and colors before/after was identical. The day before, someone brought in a bunch of run of the mill BTAs and those two, which really stood out.

geeked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have anemones that have a ton of white specs, we call them acid rain. It looks like the center has powdered sugar on it. I'll have to post a picture when I get home if I remember.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True CSB will be able to prove lineage if I remember correctly. Anything else can usually be purchased from local reefers for $50 or so. Last rainbow I purchased was that much and about 10" across. Never heard of inferno before but just looks like a Rose to me.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind that any online dealers will use the best possible photo methods and lighting to make their products appear nicer than they will ever be to the eyes.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep in mind that any online dealers will use the best possible photo methods and lighting to make their products appear nicer than they will ever be to the eyes.
Oh I know.. just curious if a signature nem is a Colorado or not.. hard to find them lol

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I know.. just curious if a signature nem is a Colorado or not.. hard to find them lol
CSB definitely are. They're usually hundreds of dollars for a small specimen though. Even $1000 isn't out of the question.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CSB definitely are. They're usually hundreds of dollars for a small specimen though. Even $1000 isn't out of the question.
Yeah which is crazy! They’ve been around for years so there is tons out there now.. I had one 12 years ago and paid $600 lol.. I have one on the books right now just waiting for a split…

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back