Veterans Day Sale! Deals & Specials 5 DAYS - Fri 11/11 till Tues 11/15 - ACT FAST! Giveaways on Sat, Sun and Tues!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never owned a button scoly, but I think they look super interesting.

Always wanted one. I’m curious if they eat/behave the same way that “normal” scolys do. Because if they have the same cool feeding reaction and all, that would be even cooler

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I’ve never owned a button scoly, but I think they look super interesting.

Always wanted one. I’m curious if they eat/behave the same way that “normal” scolys do. Because if they have the same cool feeding reaction and all, that would be even cooler
I have multiple, and yes they have the same feeding reaction. Same thing too, if you can feed them before lights on, they have their tentacles out. Even with lights on, you can dust them with reef roids and then give them something solid. AquaSD just posted a reel of them feeding a button on Instagram.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have multiple, and yes they have the same feeding reaction. Same thing too, if you can feed them before lights on, they have their tentacles out. Even with lights on, you can dust them with reef roids and then give them something solid. AquaSD just posted a reel of them feeding a button on Instagram.

AWESOME! Thank you for the info. I’ve asked many people before how different they are from normal large scolys but I never got a clear answer.

Now I definitely want one.

nsteinca

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

@TeamAquaSD any chance you guys have any black sun corals?

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
AWESOME! Thank you for the info. I’ve asked many people before how different they are from normal large scolys but I never got a clear answer.

Now I definitely want one.
They can get decent sized too. Look at this pic from someone selling them on reef2reef and there are three different sizes. Sometimes when I go into AquaSD they have some pretty big button scolies where you don't see the plug at all.
C80C656D-C077-434B-90D8-C4F06AC36B10.jpeg

nsteinca

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can get decent sized too. Look at this pic from someone selling them on reef2reef and there are three different sizes. Sometimes when I go into AquaSD they have some pretty big button scolies where you don't see the plug at all.
C80C656D-C077-434B-90D8-C4F06AC36B10.jpeg
Some of the button scoly on the site are very tempting

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back