Vetra M1 or L1 Closed Loop

  • Thread starter Thread starter slicko
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

slicko

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 15, 2015
Messages
115
Reaction score
63
Location
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone setup a closed loop with either of these pumps yet? how did you do it? how many outlets can ea pump handle and still give u good flow?
 
Depends on how big your tank is and what kind of flow you are looking for.
M1 = 2000gph
L1 = 3100gph
 
I've read that one should only have 2-3 outlets per closed loop pump BUT that wasn't specific to any given pump and I never verified the info as I've never had much interest in a CL.
 
I've read that one should only have 2-3 outlets per closed loop pump BUT that wasn't specific to any given pump and I never verified the info as I've never had much interest in a CL.


I've never heard about any guide lines on how many outlets you can have per pump.

I have 4 return bulkheads in my tank that are split into 8 nozzles ( loc-line Y's).
Currently it's being powered by a Reeflo Dart, but I am changing that to a Vectra L1.

You can have as many outlets as you want, but you temper that with common sense.
Need to use a big enough pump to make use of a outlet. Obviously you don't want so many that you are only getting something like a 100gph out of each. That little would seem to be a waste, IMO.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new