Vibrant And Bta

mmmmmm773

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used vibrant knowing it was a 50/50 with corals and whatnot. I used it around 4 or 5 hours ago and every coral looks fine except my 2 rbta. They are totally closed and im not sure if i should be worried or not. I dosed 8ml when i shouldve dosed 10ml because ive heard of many bad things happening and that sometimes you can just dose less. Should i be worried?

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends on what your parameters are. Can you list your current parameters. More than likely going to be a nutrient related.

I wouldn’t use Vibrant. They completely lied to the reefing community. That’s shady.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mmmmmm773

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends on what your parameters are. Can you list your current parameters. More than likely going to be a nutrient related.

I wouldn’t use Vibrant. They completely lied to the reefing community. That’s shady.
Yeah im aware. I was just desperate to try something
Ph 8.4
Nitrates ammonia & nitrites are all 0
Phosphate i cant test so no clue
Dkh 10
Temp 77
Calcicum 420 ppm
And again cant test magnesium.
I use api mester test kit and AFR for dosing.

Upvote 0

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You
Yeah im aware. I was just desperate to try something
Ph 8.4
Nitrates ammonia & nitrites are all 0
Phosphate i cant test so no clue
Dkh 10
Temp 77
Calcicum 420 ppm
And again cant test magnesium.
I use api mester test kit and AFR for dosing.

You need some nitrogen in the system, and you really need to get a phosphate number on the board because that’s more important than NO3.

Grab a good Hanna Phosphorus ULR. IMO, it’s the best hobby grade checker or test on the market currently. Been using it for years now and will give you the lowest reading. They report in ppb, but it’s still phosphate. Use this chart to convert.

IMG_6893.jpeg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mmmmmm773

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You

You need some nitrogen in the system, and you really need to get a phosphate number on the board because that’s more important than NO3.

Grab a good Hanna Phosphorus ULR. IMO, it’s the best hobby grade checker or test on the market currently. Been using it for years now and will give you the lowest reading. They report in ppb, but it’s still phosphate. Use this chart to convert.

IMG_6893.jpeg

Alright, thanks for the help. But os there any alternative to hannah for now? I just got the tank about 2 months ago and am still investing a little more than i should and need for it. Should i get something else or just save for it?

Upvote 0

Trent H

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, thanks for the help. But os there any alternative to hannah for now? I just got the tank about 2 months ago and am still investing a little more than i should and need for it. Should i get something else or just save for it?
I’d just get a Hanna Phosphorus ULR tester asap it’s very important to test and log your results especially during the beginning stages of your tank. Some of the other test are very hard to read so I’d just save the money and get a hanna.

Upvote 0

Reeferbadness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree, the Hanna ULR tester is one of my most important tools. Also, Nitrate bottoming out is an issue - i had to start dosing nitrate in both my 200g tanks and the corals are much happier.

Upvote 0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back