Vibrant and my urchin

Postbag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this site but just thought I would make a comment about Vibrant. I had a big gha problem and after trying all the usual things I came across vibrant. I have used it for 4 weeks and it has got rid of the algae 95% which is brilliant. But in those 4 weeks I have lost a blue starfish, tuxedo urchin, large emerald crab and a very large teddy bear crab. So I am overall pretty disappointed and will stop using it and hope the gha does not return!

Tennsquire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed flatworms falling off the glass after I added vibrant to my tank. They were quickly picked off by my 6-line wrasse. It did help clear up a pretty serious algae problem I had for what it's worth.

Damien Buckley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using a Vibrant for a while. My urchin is fine. I did notice some snails seem to react to it and bristleworms etc but after the first doses they were ok. There do seem to be some threads where people have had issues and plenty others where everything has been fine so I'm guessing it depends what else you are dosing - perhaps a reaction with other stuff?

Cajones89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was pretty strange. I dosed 2.5 mL and within seconds of putting it in, my tuxedo urchin fell right off the wall, straight to the bottom. I read so much about it before using it, and I have no idea why my poor guy reacted like he did!
Mine did the same

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back