Vibrant for GHA

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had bryopsis. I used fluconazole to hopefully hit bryopsis and GHA. Well bryopsis patches melted within about & days. But I ran the 14 days and did a water change. GHA looked better but was still there. My ostreopsis started to make a comeback slightly with the fluconazole I had no UV running or carbon. So after the 14 days I did a water change ran carbon and uv. I don't see any ostreopsis anymore. That being said I decided to try vibrant to knock out remaining GHA.

I been knocking the po4 down with 10 micron socks and dosing phos rx. I had it elevated for dinos. Today I did another 25g wc. Hopefully my last to bring my no3 around 10. I hope. Po4 this morning was .03 now. Actually to low for comfort of possible dino return. I'd be more comfortable with .06 or so.

But nutrient levels are good. Today, during 25g wc. I scrubbed rock but GHA didn't wanna come off. Which tells me it had a strong foot hold. I dunno why. And after this last wc. I just put my second week dose of vibrant in my waterbox 130. 12ml. Turned off skimmer for a hour while it mixed.

My question is. Those that used vibrant. Dosing every week 1ml per 10g. How long does it take to actually work for gha. Or is it even going to do anything ?

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant certainly does something. It takes a while to get going, though, about 6 ish months for my tank to get over a massive bubble and turf algae outbreak. You can help speed it along by plucking algae out where/when you can.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took mine 2.5 weeks dosing every Tuesday and Thursday. I had a little. Dinos are back though as po4 is 0 and no3 150ppm lol.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh should I dosed twice weekly. I only did once last week. No3 15.0? Or 150???? Lol. Did vibrant drop your po4???

@Cory
Yes it did drop it from .64ppm to 0ppm. Then dinos came back and i stopped dosing for now because my dictosoma mushrooms shriveled to nothing. Probably because of 0po4.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 42 71.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back