Vibrant Liquid Aquarium Cleaner - Poll

Has Vibrant Liquid Aquarium Cleaner Helped Your Tank?

• Yes

Votes: 108 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • Can't Tell

Votes: 59 30.1%

• Total voters

CarolinaReefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot people who have had success with this product.
The Official Discussion Thread can be found here : https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vibrant-liquid-aquarium-cleaner-discussion-thread.271428/

There are so may pages of feedback on this product I thought that I would create a Poll to see how many people had a positive experience with this product and how many had a negative experience.

From my own personal experience, I had a little bit of Dinos in my tank and I have to say that one dose of Vibrant cleared them completely up. I still have some Cyano but it is receding.

Please please participate in the poll if you have used this product and lets see the results.

tomtom2245

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using it for about 2mos now on 3 different tanks. The only difference I have really noticed is that I have to clean the glass less frequently. I have some pretty bad gha in one tank and it seems to have had no impact as of yet.

AcanSkywalker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd been using Vibrant for four weeks with no noticeable results when I realized my Incomparable Poly Pad might be absorbing it. After removing the IPP I had noticeable results after the first dose. My sand and rock is visibly cleaner and there are chunks of algae in my skimmer cup. I'm sold!

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for those that have had negative results; what were those? How long did you try the product? Did you do anything different while dosing then before you started dosing?

Don't expect this to do everything for you. I'd suggest dosing as suggested and not more. Then along with that do the normal recommended methods to what ever it is you're facing. Algae? Manually pull some out. Cyanobacteria? Dinoflagellates? control your nutrients (don't starve your tank though) and siphon what ever it is out. Increase flow. Do some water changes. Add some mechanical filtration at night if you don't already have something in place like filter socks. Clean that out daily. I'm not a fan of black outs myself but some people do them. Do some other type of export like macro algae or a micro algae turf scrubber. Carbon dosing. GFO. etc. etc.

Here's my experience with Vibrant so far in a test I've been doing by purposely increasing my feedings and causing issues
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/vibrant-by-uwc-testing.276336/page-12

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't have bad algae issues but was looking for something that would keep the light brown film off my sand bed. I haven't noticed any difference after using this product for the last month.

SteveSTL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small diatom outbreak and ordered the Vibrant. Got a message on the 14th that it was shipping but it sat in the office for 2 days and didn't ship until the 16th. Arrived on the 19th and have been dosing it per instructions starting the day after it arrived since it was cold and I wanted to be sure if anything froze, it was all thawed and at room temperature.

I now have a full fledged dino outbreak (dark snot with bubbles that goes away at night and comes back with the lights and all snails dead) as well as hair algae growing on my mag cleaner, MP10s, etc.

Can't say for sure that they're connected but things got worse once I started dosing it. Doing normal water changes (5 gallons per week on Monday) TDS is still reading ~180ish in, 0 out. Right now I'm still dosing per instructions but have the lights turned out and the shade in the room closed.

Bunnee911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only used two doses, so no results for me yet. I have bryopsis.

2.5 ml twice a week in a BC29

Last edited:

tripdad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It killed my bryopsis, don't know what strain, dead! I have been battling some cyano as a result, taking outside steps for this as well as continuing to dose Vibrant.

UWC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread :)

I think it's important for people to state
1. Time frame they have been using it
2. How frequently they are dosing
3. What algae strains they are trying to rid.

All these make a huge difference.

DracoKat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's only been 3 days since my first dosage. I noticed the water was clearer and I didn't have to clean the glass (I usually have to clean every other day). I can't tell much on anything else yet. still too early to tell

erinmegan85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got some for Christmas and did my first dose yesterday. I'm trying to get of what I thought was dinos, but can't be 100% sure that it is. No noticeable difference yet, but again, I only have done one dose. If this doesn't work I'm just going to do a total reboot of the tank because I have been fighting this stuff since the tank was cycling.

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing 10ml twice a week in my 124 gal total reefer 450 and approx 5 ml twice a week in 29 gal Biocube. I was hoping for glass algae and sand in both and a little hair and bubble in the bigger tank. After about 3 weeks Biocube water is noticeably clearer. Glass in both not getting as coated with algae. Big improvement. Not much progress on hair and bubble yet but I am pleased with what I am seeing.

EddieM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been battling Gelidium (red turf algae) and Valonia (bubble algae) in my 240 for over a year. Removing my rock wasn't an option, so I figured I'd give this a go. I've done 6 doses - 25 ml 2x's/wk, my sand is spotless and I clean my glass much less frequently. The bubble algae also appears to be dying off. I used to have huge clusters in my overflow, and they're all gone. I still see them on the rock, but appear to be dying. The Gelidium also appears to no longer be spreading, but the results aren't as obvious yet. I did notice after the first week of dosing I had a huge breakout of Dinoflagellates, but they have since subsided. No ill side effects with my fish or coral (SPS and LPS) and I'm getting ready to order my 2nd 16oz bottle.

DAPG8GT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also list what amount your dosing please. It seems to be all over the place in threads. Some guys stating they are doing 1x a week others are doing 2x a week. Some are a the normal strength 1ml per 10g and it seems others are @ 2 ml per 10g.

Why such a difference? Are certain Algae types better defeated at double the strength? Or double doses weekly? Just neglected tanks?

I think I've read most of the threads but still haven't figured why some are are swaying from the listed dose. Is it from UWC? From others results?

SDdiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just voted! Had dinoflags (aka brown snot) hair and bubble algae starting to cover my rocks, it was a mild case so it died back fairly quick with vibrant. Dosage used: 8 ml every 4 days for 2 weeks in a 90 gallon system. Also turned white lights off and just kept blues (which are my favorite anyway) now it's back to normal. Still dosing 8 ml once a week. Also stopped feeding my corals ground up processed food which I started over feeding (heavy hand) from fear my SPS were not getting enough to eat- bad advice that I adopted. Sticking to home brewed phyto and baby brine shrimp; mother natures real food! Glad to hear others have had success, happy reefing :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 18.0%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 163 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back