vibrant Question

Oldcoder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I used Vibrant to get rid of bubble algae. It has not worked after 3months although it does seem to have slowed the growth. As other have noted it does impact corolline algae mine has died off the back glass and growth on the rocks has stopped. I stopped dosing two weeks ago but growth has not returned. It is labeled as bacteria although some say it is an algaecide. I was wondering how long it takes before the coralline growth returns should I start doing large water changes??

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibrant seems to vary on reefers tanks. I had a bad bubble algae problem and Vibrant took care of it in 6-7 weeks, but I also did not perform any water changes while I dosed it. My cheato or coralline never stopped growing while dosing vibrant either.

There is a huge Vibrant thread on R2R, that you will find other reefers experience with it.

arking_mark

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I experienced an unexpected reduction of coralline algae as well (I was using vibrant). However, I tracked down the issue to lighting. Coralline algae does not like high PAR lighting and I had also changed up my lighting around the same time. Vibrant was semi-effective for removing hair algae for me...

OP
OP
O

Oldcoder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed the water at 15% over the three month dosing. I have started manual removal of the bubble algae twice weekly that seems to be working the vibrant did seem to slow it down a bit. I did change lighting a bit got a par meter and reduced it a bit only 10% adjustment. I am sad because the back glass is completely black again. Tank is two years old and coral will not survive. Had just recently gotten coralline to grow and many of this forum say that until coralline grows good you should not add corals. I was just getting ready to try coral again when this happened so not doing anything right now. Killed so many corals

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back