Vibrant Removal

Fastpitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wanting to avoid any controversy about Vibrant composition, so lets assume for a moment that Vibrant composition is similar to Algae fix.

Do I have to run carbon to remove this additive from my system. Or do I just wait is out assuming that the additive will degrade on its own over time?

Thanks.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not entirely sure, but I think I read that activated carbon doesn’t remove it, and it takes a pretty long while for it to degrade by itself.

I think the standard recommendation was to do large water changes.

OP
OP
Fastpitch

Fastpitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not entirely sure, but I think I read that activated carbon doesn’t remove it, and it takes a pretty long while for it to degrade by itself.

I think the standard recommendation was to do large water changes.
Well that is not going to happen.....

:zany-face:

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wanting to avoid any controversy about Vibrant composition, so lets assume for a moment that Vibrant composition is similar to Algae fix.

Do I have to run carbon to remove this additive from my system. Or do I just wait is out assuming that the additive will degrade on its own over time?

Thanks.
@taricha can address this question.

Semisonyx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took several water changes for me to finally see a trend reversal from the effects of dosing vibrant. GAC didn’t seem to do much else than make the water sparkling clear.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same with me !! Several water changes but for me I had declining and dying coral that kept dying for weeks . It’s like what ever coral was affected absorbed it and no matter how many water changes I did those affected still died. in my experience I lost 3/4 of the coral in my tank at the time .

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Vibrant 3 times and it worked... but too well lol
It knocked out my algae turf scrubber for about 3 months, the production went from pulling a ton of algae every six days to developing a green sludge over those three months.
I guess once the active ingredients lost their effectiveness then and only then did my scrubber return to producing turf algae on the screen.
Hope this helps.

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@taricha can address this question.
here's a little bit of what Dan's referring to.
I'll have some more detailed info on what to expect if using these in a few days, but quickly....

Algaefix_DinoX_day44.png

(chart: Algaefix dosed every 3 days and DinoX dosed every 2 days, per bottles)
Upon first use these polyquats seems to bind out of the water over a day or two. With recurring doses they can accumulate in the water where they slowly decrease over a number of weeks. Fresh GAC - added on day 40 in above chart - can rapidly remove them from the water.

Back