Vibrant update ?

shwareefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are no current violations because UWC is now listed by the EPA as a pesticide producer and Vibrant is not currently being sold (by UWC, everything you find out there is old stock) - so there's no active labeling violation.
Where are you getting the info that they are not selling it anymore?

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are no current violations because UWC is now listed by the EPA as a pesticide producer and Vibrant is not currently being sold (by UWC, everything you find out there is old stock) - so there's no active labeling violation.

Last edited:

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
So API Algaefix Marine says it is safe for fish, corals and invertebrates. But people on here have said they had problems. Is it possible that they used Algaefix not Algaefix marine? As the one not labeled marine has a warning about freshwater inverts like shrimp.

Just asking as I have a predator tank that I can’t seem to beat some turf algae. Treated twice so far with Flux-RX. I am carbon dosing to control nutrients, but accidentally let it run out and seems that I have to start over to get back to the nitrate levels I was at.

Because of the puffers I don’t think there are any CUC that I can use.

I have a bottle of vibrant that I ordered and then found the above mentioned thread so I haven’t used it. The tank has GSP in it so don’t want to kill it.

Thanks for any input.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So API Algaefix Marine says it is safe for fish, corals and invertebrates. But people on here have said they had problems. Is it possible that they used Algaefix not Algaefix marine? As the one not labeled marine has a warning about freshwater inverts like shrimp.

Just asking as I have a predator tank that I can’t seem to beat some turf algae. Treated twice so far with Flux-RX. I am carbon dosing to control nutrients, but accidentally let it run out and seems that I have to start over to get back to the nitrate levels I was at.

Because of the puffers I don’t think there are any CUC that I can use.

I have a bottle of vibrant that I ordered and then found the above mentioned thread so I haven’t used it. The tank has GSP in it so don’t want to kill it.

Thanks for any input.
I overdose carbon and have removed GHA and my turf algae is now receding. Do have CUC but they don't make a dent. I believe it's the carbon dosing because when I stop that my nuisance algae returns and with a vengeance. NoPox has been my only solution but I do overfeed to keep nutrients available which has prevented (I believe) cyano from returning. Rather take a natural approach vs throwing chemicals at the problem.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I overdose carbon and have removed GHA and my turf algae is now receding. Do have CUC but they don't make a dent. I believe it's the carbon dosing because when I stop that my nuisance algae returns and with a vengeance. NoPox has been my only solution but I do overfeed to keep nutrients available which has prevented (I believe) cyano from returning. Rather take a natural approach vs throwing chemicals at the problem.

"Rather take a natural approach vs throwing chemicals at the problem"

*Proceeds to throw nopox/chemicals at the problem XD

(Just having fun, not making fun of you :) )

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That has been what I have been trying. Hopefully my No-Pox will catch up. I make my own with vinegar, vodka and RODI. Much cheaper.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That has been what I have been trying. Hopefully my No-Pox will catch up. I make my own with vinegar, vodka and RODI. Much cheaper.
For my main I'll be doing that but for now small experimental the hassle of DIY doesn't justify the cost savings. NoPox a click away with Amazon :)

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
For my main I'll be doing that but for now small experimental the hassle of DIY doesn't justify the cost savings. NoPox a click away with Amazon :)
When your ready this is the recipe I use.
500ml vinegar, 375 ml Vodka, 125ml RODI.

Since vodka can’t be stored in regular plastic I got mason jars to start. But now I have converted the vodka bottles by removing the no splash pour insert and drilling 1/4” hole in the lid. Works great, and I mix extra and store in mason jars. Probably about 5 minutes to mix up a batch. I keep vinegar on hand as I use it to clean and sterilize items used in my aquariums.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When your ready this is the recipe I use.
500ml vinegar, 375 ml Vodka, 125ml RODI.

Since vodka can’t be stored in regular plastic I got mason jars to start. But now I have converted the vodka bottles by removing the no splash pour insert and drilling 1/4” hole in the lid. Works great, and I mix extra and store in mason jars. Probably about 5 minutes to mix up a batch. I keep vinegar on hand as I use it to clean and sterilize items used in my aquariums.
Wasn't aware vodka couldn't be stored in plastic. Just assumed NoPox had that since the DIY calls for it but I guess it must be something else that provides the same affect.

ocncheffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell you that vibrant worked extremely well for me. I had a bad case of some sort of brown fuzzy algae/slime that was covering my rocks and killing snails. This completely resolved the issue in 1.5 months dosing 8ml every two weeks in a 93g. I’ve attached some photos of the algae. My mixed reef had zero losses during dosing. The pic is a before and after from about 3 weeks of dosing. Since then I have zero algae and corals are growing faster than ever.

I did have some losses from this algae, but not from vibrant.

E77F9DFB-7447-49FA-903D-455330BA43E5.jpeg

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Wasn't aware vodka couldn't be stored in plastic. Just assumed NoPox had that since the DIY calls for it but I guess it must be something else that provides the same affect.
Not sure if the exact ingredients of no-pox, but neptunes dos container says not to use with vodka. Of course the cheap vodka I buy from Walmart comes in a plastic bottle, but it is specifically made for storing alcohol. Not sure about everything else. I still run it through tubing for RODI units. And supposedly it won’t affect the dos pump. Just their storage container.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if the exact ingredients of no-pox, but neptunes dos container says not to use with vodka. Of course the cheap vodka I buy from Walmart comes in a plastic bottle, but it is specifically made for storing alcohol. Not sure about everything else. I still run it through tubing for RODI units. And supposedly it won’t affect the dos pump. Just their storage container.
Perhaps the NoPox bottle same as the Walmart alcahol container. Plan was to use that with DIY since it comes ready for dosing and won't evaporate.

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Perhaps the NoPox bottle same as the Walmart alcahol container. Plan was to use that with DIY since it comes ready for dosing and won't evaporate.
Sounds good. If you decide you need larger, with the 1/4” line forced through the 1/4” hole, I don’t think I’m losing much to evaporation. I didn’t have no-pox, just started with DIY. I would think that both bottles can work just fine. Enjoy your reef and only the best of wishes!

RichardinTN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell you that vibrant worked extremely well for me. I had a bad case of some sort of brown fuzzy algae/slime that was covering my rocks and killing snails. This completely resolved the issue in 1.5 months dosing 8ml every two weeks in a 93g. I’ve attached some photos of the algae. My mixed reef had zero losses during dosing. The pic is a before and after from about 3 weeks of dosing. Since then I have zero algae and corals are growing faster than ever.

I did have some losses from this algae, but not from vibrant.

E77F9DFB-7447-49FA-903D-455330BA43E5.jpeg
There was never a question as to whether or not it sometimes worked. The problem is that they were lying about what was in the bottle and that was very dangerous.

Back