vibrant

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I love the stuff. Destroyed bad algae issues for me twice. Apply at 80% of recommended dosage

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That question is similar to asking what is the best type of lighting lol. Vibrant can be very helpful if used correctly and carefully.....also can cause problems if not. I have had very good luck with it on some tanks.....and not so much on others.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends.
Not good if you have a refugium or algae turf scrubber. I have used it as maintenance to keep the tank clean with great results.

hetrickfarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it at half the dosage and was able to eradicate a bad hair algae issue. Down side was it wiped out my chaeto. I can always replace the chaeto, but I was pulling my hair out over the algae issue.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great product
Wiped out GHA and bubble completely
Took 16 weeks
Took some coraline algae off the glass though....
Pull your cheato until complete

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should vibrant be used when the ugly phase starts? My tank has been up and running for about 5 weeks. First 4 weeks the tank did not have any light. Installed the lights a week ago and now my rocks are starting to get covered in a brown/rust colored algae. Would Vibrant be Ok to use now to keep anything from getting out of hand? Or wait till something becomes problematic?

I guess I'm asking if I should start using Vibrant as a preventative now that my ugly phase has started?

My tank only has a couple fish, snails, and shrimp. No corals.

Lizbeli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have read reviews saying they had great fast results. Most reviews I saw were positive but can take a few weeks. And a handful of people saying it didn’t do much if anything. Some say it has an affect on alk. So test it frequently while dosing just incase.

I just added my first dose yesterday to get rid of some gha patches. In the first 24hrs I have noticed more algae blowing off the rocks when I use a turkey baster. I have high hopes!

r20crazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
happy reading... over 300 pages on the subject

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should vibrant be used when the ugly phase starts? My tank has been up and running for about 5 weeks. First 4 weeks the tank did not have any light. Installed the lights a week ago and now my rocks are starting to get covered in a brown/rust colored algae. Would Vibrant be Ok to use now to keep anything from getting out of hand? Or wait till something becomes problematic?

I guess I'm asking if I should start using Vibrant as a preventative now that my ugly phase has started?

My tank only has a couple fish, snails, and shrimp. No corals.
I used Vibrant at the start of my build right after cycling the tank. It keep the ugly phase away, or at least minimized it.

U

User1

View Badges
happy reading... over 300 pages on the subject

Was also going to post to this link.

I'm in there. Used it with both great success, great failure in that GHA and other algae came back stronger than before, and again great success after learning from the first use. Simply put. It works. It also works with refugiums and other macro algae but you have to understand how vibrant works, read the thread above, and take refugiums and other algae growth systems off line or out of the loop.

Other than that the most critical thing to remember and do when using vibrant is to export the die off. Meaning water changes.

jcarlamere

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used it incorrectly 3x the dose and it clouded up my tank so bad that I had to get a uv sterilizer. However after 2 days. The tank is the cleanest I have ever seen. No algea at all and the substrate and rocks are significantly cleaner

D_Roll

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used Vibrant at the start of my build right after cycling the tank. It keep the ugly phase away, or at least minimized it.
How did you dose it after the cycling? Did you add fish or invertebrates after the cycle when you started dosing Vibrant?

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you dose it after the cycling? Did you add fish or invertebrates after the cycle when you started dosing Vibrant?
Dosed it weekly per the directions. Also dosed microbactor7 and zeobac. Added Moorish idol right after cycle and a few snails. Feed heavy and waited a few months to add other fish.
Stopped dosing vibrant to start a refugium and GHA appeared. Still dealing with it trying to outcompete GHA with cheatomorpha and caulerpa prolifera.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.1%
Back