Video: Awesome Collaboration with Richard of Afishionado @ the Frost Science Museum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

AquaFX - Katie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were super excited when Richard of Afishionado / Reef.com asked us to participate in this incredible project at the Frost Science Museum. Check out the video below!

Frost-science-museum.jpg

OP
OP
AquaFX - Katie

AquaFX - Katie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We were thrilled when Richard of reef.com & Afishionaldo Channel reached out to us. The Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science was looking to upgrade one of the RO/DI systems in their 15,000-gallon Great Barrier Reef Exhibit and we were happy to help!

The museum was previously using our 200GPD Octopus Residential RO/DI system (with 2 additional DI stages) to make water for their 100-Gallon Kalkwassar reactor. As they were making 100 gallons of water every single day and the tap water quality in Miami is quite poor, their technicians were having to replace the filter cartridges monthly. Being an 8-stage system (including the 2 RO membranes), changing filters was time-consuming and required an experienced technician.

In trying to make things easier and better for the museum and staff, both we and Richard knew our new Blue-Fin Light-Commercial 500GPD RO/DI system was going to be an awesome fit! The Blue Fin makes water more than twice as fast as their current system (500 vs 200GPD) and the larger filter cartridges last more than twice as long: extending the service intervals. The Blue Fin RO/DI is also a less-complicated system as there is no booster pump and no RO controller required. While having all the electronics and gadgets can be great for some applications, the simplicity of the Blue Fin was a big bonus for the museum; as it meant that just about any staff member can be quickly trained to maintain the system. From a cost and time perspective, it was a big win!

We were thrilled to be a part of this amazing exhibit and to help provide a filtration system that better served their needs. The easier maintenance and labor time / cost saved was the icing on top of the cake!

Over the years, we have had the pleasure of helping thousands of hobbyists, zoos, museums, universities and aquarium stores design and build their perfect water filtration systems. We would love the opportunity to help you with yours. Give us a call at 407-599-2123 or email us at [email protected] today!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 153 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back