Video: Last visit to the Reef Builders Studio

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tidal Gardens

Coral Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I wanted to share some footage of the reef builders studio from my first visit several months ago, when it was arguably at its peak. I saw the studio again during Reefstock 2023. Things at the studio now are in a state of transition. Many of the corals were re-homed, and several of the show tanks likely will be taken down. It occurred to me at that the footage I shot from my first visit might have been the aesthetic peak of this studio. Jake scrubbed the tanks relentlessly in anticipation of my visit because he knew my camera would pick up every little detail and wanted everything to be PERFECT. The tanks indeed looked incredible. I want to share these visuals for the people who love Jake Adams and love Reef Builders.

danbaileytattooer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just watched it! So good. Thanks for sharing. I would love to visit Tidal Gardens this year. How do I make that happen?

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jake created his own lane, and that is something we can all learn from. I am glad that you put this video out. What Jake created will be influenced but never repeated. I am still surprised that his research on flow and lighting are not more widely talked about.
Thank you for doing this.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I wanted to share some footage of the reef builders studio from my first visit several months ago, when it was arguably at its peak. I saw the studio again during Reefstock 2023. Things at the studio now are in a state of transition. Many of the corals were re-homed, and several of the show tanks likely will be taken down. It occurred to me at that the footage I shot from my first visit might have been the aesthetic peak of this studio. Jake scrubbed the tanks relentlessly in anticipation of my visit because he knew my camera would pick up every little detail and wanted everything to be PERFECT. The tanks indeed looked incredible. I want to share these visuals for the people who love Jake Adams and love Reef Builders.

Thanks for sharing. Thank you

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back