vinegar to clean tank

jacquesPiette

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2021
Messages
17
Reaction score
17
Location
Montreal Quebec
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently cleaned a used aquarium that i just bought with vinegar, and i rinced it with water.
ive seen other poeple do that, but it only occured to me that it could have an effect on water chemestry and
livestock health, like with Ph and whatnot.
i have a 55 gallon, so i cant touroughly rince it underneath the sink like
ive seen many do with nano tanks.

so my questions are:
is there anything else i need to do other than rincing the aquarium before using it?
if i start the aquarium now, what effects will it have?
 
Another quick rinse & filler up.
Vinegar is used for carbon dosing so I would not worry.
All that water will really take care of it.
 
New tanks I like to use bleach, and dry. If it was dry for a long time rinse is ok too.
 
What @Snoopy 67 said. Some of us add vinegar to control nutrients, so a little residual is no worry.
Welcome to the club.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new