Viparspectra 165watt, Anyone using these?

Warriorjp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s an update on my tank running the whites at 10% and blues at 25%
c7a242dc96aa00c9bacd85ac46a1242e.heic

OP
OP
Nicholas Dushynsky

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! How long have you had it with corals in under these settings? Are you looking to increase the settings? The problem I have is I stupidly keep tinkering with the settings and keep going back and forth with percentages not by alot, I think it's annoying my corals.

Warriorjp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! How long have you had it with corals in under these settings? Are you looking to increase the settings? The problem I have is I stupidly keep tinkering with the settings and keep going back and forth with percentages not by alot, I think it's annoying my corals.

Everything seems pretty happy right now. Only problem now is I’m having major algae outbreaks(new tank syndrome).

OP
OP
Nicholas Dushynsky

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool what are your settings? Here's about 3 months growth from September til tonight sorry about the pics blues are rubbish. Mine are 90% blue 20% white. My lps I can't tell what their doing as with growth but in 10 years of doing this my sps are growing not dying. So the 1 inch or so frags I bought back last autumn that spent ages encrusting are growing upwards now. I'm not brave enough to try acros yet.
DSC_4179.JPG
DSC_4853.JPG
DSC_4070.JPG
DSC_4855.JPG
DSC_4069.JPG
DSC_4856.JPG

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My acros are growing great! I’m running the blues at 100% and the whites at 1%. I also run 2 Reefbrite Actinic Blue T5s and a ReefBrite Tech 50/50 LED Strip.

OP
OP
Nicholas Dushynsky

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi has anyone got any updates on their lighting intensity and any photos with using these. I'm still using mine tuned in at 65% blue and 12% white and have left it like this for the last 3.5 months. My problem was constantly tinkering and annoying my corals. I'd like to hear what people's thoughts are now, if you are happy with the results?
DSC_0003.JPG

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at adding one of these as a supplement to my aquatic life reef edge light for a 75G tank and then adding a couple more as I find deals on them. How many do y'all think it would take to properly light up that kind of tank? It will always be a fish and live rock mainly tank with some easy to care for corals eventually and a BTA.

Only problem I have with getting them right now is the mounting, the future wife does not want something hanging from the living room ceiling. Although seeing that TV mount solution would take care of that!

OP
OP
Nicholas Dushynsky

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. If you have you are going for fowlr then future corals and a nem how long is your tank? The light covers 24 inches, is the tank a fairly new setup if so don't rush to put a nem in it just yet. They should go into a more mature tank I'd say at least 9 months. I'm sorry if I'm talking talking to someone that's kept marine before this is just my opinion.

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. If you have you are going for fowlr then future corals and a nem how long is your tank? The light covers 24 inches, is the tank a fairly new setup if so don't rush to put a nem in it just yet. They should go into a more mature tank I'd say at least 9 months. I'm sorry if I'm talking talking to someone that's kept marine before this is just my opinion.

No we are new. The tank is fairly mature now. Then BTA seems to be doing well so far. It's a 75G so its 48" wide and about 20" deep.

Rahtid27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one that I got in a few days ago. Still putting my tank together so definitely watching for everyone’s feed back. I do love the light so far no issues built in timers. So to me it was a great deal

Same here Bobo. I am setting up a 75gal. I am waiting for exotic Marine overflow to arrive so I can drill it out. But I did purchase 2 of these Vipar's and will follow this thread going forward. Will post pics and updates when I can.

Bobothegreat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here Bobo. I am setting up a 75gal. I am waiting for exotic Marine overflow to arrive so I can drill it out. But I did purchase 2 of these Vipar's and will follow this thread going forward. Will post pics and updates when I can.
I just got mine setup ended up building a canopy to hold it up. Canopy is almost done. Thought I took a picture of what i did to it today but I didn’t. I will definitely be posting it in my build thread though.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back