Viparspectra 165watt, Anyone using these?

Warriorjp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The TV Wall bracket I got off ebay for around £6 and I powder coated it at work to match my walls as comes black, the aluminium plate on the light I also made at work which lined up with the threaded part. But my first plate was made from wood. You have to space the plate away from the fans mine are 20mm above. You could just mount the TV bracket then use the hanging kit off that if you don't have access to the other parts.

Looks good. I just found a piece of angle aluminum leftover from my garage door install. It looks good for what it is.
ad22650a80e4dcde6914fb1106950fd4.jpg

OP
OP
Nicholas Dushynsky

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have to run the light quite high percentage wise depending on what coral your looking at keeping. Looking at the picture I assume the tank is 18" high.

Warriorjp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have to run the light quite high percentage wise depending on what coral your looking at keeping. Looking at the picture I assume the tank is 18" high.

It's 21 deep have a high sand bed and I still have 4 inches of play that I could lower it. I'm transferring a lot of coral from my 20 Gallon nano I don't want to burn them probably start them out 30% blues 20%whites.

OP
OP
Nicholas Dushynsky

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bronc can i ask why you went from 50% blue and 10% white to 55% blue
And as low as 1% white? have you noticed any difference with your corals or were you getting algae Bloom from the white?

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank was just too white. I also have a ReefBrite Tech Strip 50/50 and 2 ATI Blue+ T5s. I have really noticed any difference with the corals yet.

OP
OP
Nicholas Dushynsky

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thanks I turned mine to those settings just to see, and the corals do pop. I'm just unsure if so much blue with minimal white is healthy for the corals I have. It did look more pleasing to look at though.

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
White isn’t needed for coral growth.

OP
OP
Nicholas Dushynsky

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not even a little? I know it's quite a highly debated topic about best light spectrum and intensity and PAR for growing corals, there's just so many different opinions it's hard to just follow what one person says. Plus a PAR meter is not in everyones price range. Every tank is different I suppose, so the best plan is to just take it slow with any adjustments and give the corals time to adjust. The reason I started this thread was to find if people had been using them for a while and to find what thier settings were, how long to get to those settings, To sort of learn from others to give us a ball park figure to start at and go from there.
I don't know if anyone has used a PAR meter with these lights and at what intensity they're set at with pictures to show their tanks.

Bronc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update - I’ve slowly ramped up my blues and they are now at 100% and whites are still at 1%. I also have 2 Actinic Blue T5s and 1 ReefBrite Tech LED Strip on my tank. I’m seeing really good growth right now.

AshwinRavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lightimetunnel 165W led, I would say very similar to Vipatspectra.. I have my white at 1% and blues at 40%, with photo period from 2pm to 8pm. not seeing much growth, just afraid I might bleach my zoas and lps. u guys think I should increase the photo period or intensity?

OP
OP
Nicholas Dushynsky

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update could you post a photo of your tank please? I've put t my whites up to 80% and whites down to 8%, blues come on at 14:30 until 23:00 and whites come on at 15:30 until 21:45. I might turn the blues down a bit but I'll leave it for a bit as not had it at this setting for long. But Ashwin I'd say slowly Bring the blues up about 5% every couple of weeks to give corals time to adjust, and increase the photo period slowly upto around 9hrs. If anyone has any other suggestions to chip in please do as I'm no expert.

AshwinRavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f85fac2654665194565c66a04c3c9bcf.jpg

Please excuse the poor quality in the picture, tank is 2+months old just coming out of cycle and diatom bloom

AshwinRavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update could you post a photo of your tank please? I've put t my whites up to 80% and whites down to 8%, blues come on at 14:30 until 23:00 and whites come on at 15:30 until 21:45. I might turn the blues down a bit but I'll leave it for a bit as not had it at this setting for long. But Ashwin I'd say slowly Bring the blues up about 5% every couple of weeks to give corals time to adjust, and increase the photo period slowly upto around 9hrs. If anyone has any other suggestions to chip in please do as I'm no expert.
thanks

AshwinRavi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. When you fill it with corals and it all grows in it will look great, but it just costs so much to fill it with corals and with frags it takes a while to grow out.

DSC_4214.JPG
nice tank! yea, just have about 15 frags there and they are all super tiny. just waiting for them to grow so I can really enjoy them.

OP
OP
Nicholas Dushynsky

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These were tiny sticks that have encrusted quite alot but not grown up too much but they are sprouting new growth. The bits that are growing are growing downwards. Not sure why on this though. Could it be flow or light?

DSC_4179.JPG

DSC_4070.JPG

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back