Vivid confetti bleached over night

xiaoyuliang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a frag of Vivid confetti from a well known local hobbyist. The first two days is fine but bleached completely on the third day. I attached the photo before and after bleaching, the rest two frags ( solar flare milli and heartbreaker) are fine so far.

It also reminded me that I bought a Jelloshot from WWC before and the same thing happened as well. I will say the same thing for these two frags are they all have bright pink color in the beginning.

Can anyone tell me what could be wrong?

The parameters is stable as far as I know( KH 8.5 Ca 490 Mg 1400) just sent out a ICP.

I put them on a frag shelf placed middle bottom of the tank. Didn’t get lots of flow and light as other acros in the tank .

This is the current light schedule I used but I started white light acclimation from 20% since I got the frag.

Would appreciate any feedback and advice!
IMG_6148.jpeg
IMG_6130.jpeg
IMG_6149.png

zheka757

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was torch touching it? It looks like from pictures torches tentacles are touching it.
Nvm, it's illusion, now I see frag is above the torch

marinesnow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Was it shipped? IME some corals don't ship well. I had one acro out of 3 bleach from a shipment that likely overheated.

Just to clarify does it still have polyps?

OP
OP
X

xiaoyuliang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was it shipped? IME some corals don't ship well. I had one acro out of 3 bleach from a shipment that likely overheated.

Just to clarify does it still have polyps?
No I picked up from his home and 30 min drive. It’s a fresh cut and directly glued to a plug. I dip in iodine for 5 min then Red Sea dip for another 5 min.
Doesn’t have any polyps I will say it’s completely dead now

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hard to tell from parameters Some acro just don’t do well after a fresh frag. See if another can b made and let it heal for two weeks then try again. Also i would use one dip. And one not harsh to acro. I have my choice. Good luck w new one if u get it

OP
OP
X

xiaoyuliang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from parameters Some acro just don’t do well after a fresh frag. See if another can b made and let it heal for two weeks then try again. Also i would use one dip. And one not harsh to acro. I have my choice. Good luck w new one if u get it
What do you use for sensitive acro?

OP
OP
X

xiaoyuliang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do y’all think the light is too strong in the new tank after dipping? It came from 450 in previous tank and there’s no way the acclimated par is higher than that.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I could b wrong and not to slight then I do have a Red Sea system. But I remember reading something about that Red Sea dip and acro

David_CO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as others have said RTN not bleached unfortunately. Its most likely a combination of being a fresh cut frag, travel, new environment and excessive dipping.

others may disagree but I dont dip fresh cut frags from known sources. just a visual inspection.

OP
OP
X

xiaoyuliang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as others have said RTN not bleached unfortunately. Its most likely a combination of being a fresh cut frag, travel, new environment and excessive dipping.

others may disagree but I dont dip fresh cut frags from known sources. just a visual inspection.
Thanks I will def more careful next time

MrGisonni

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do y’all think the light is too strong in the new tank after dipping? It came from 450 in previous tank and there’s no way the acclimated par is higher than that.
No you're light spectrum and intensity look very close to what I run on my 30 mixed reef. I put frags right up under the lights with little acclimation time and they are all good. I think it might not have had enough time to heal up before you took it home.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back