Vodka, MB7 & Skimmer

funny718

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I been reading alot about vodka and mb7 dosing from reekping and sunnyx, but I had one big question about the skimmer part of it all they say you need a really good skimmer. but wat does that really mean? I have a 120g tech tank not sure how to find my total net water volume with my sump as well but I use an reef octopus ext 160 skimmer with pp upgrade is this ok or do I need something a little better? or do I need something bigger?

Thanx guys

SunnyX

ReefSite.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

The size of the skimmer should be based on your tanks current health and observations. Some people like to run over-sized skimmers, and some like to run more on the smaller side. If the skimmer collection cup is needing to be emptied weekly and everything is doing well in the tank then stick with the reef octopus ext 160.

The main reason to run an appropriate sized skimmer with bacteria/carbon dosing is so that the system has a steady and ample supply of oxygen. So long as you have good flow in the tank, good skimmer, and good water surface agitation then I would start up the dosing.

Check out the MB7/Vodka thread in this forum at the top of the page. If you have any questions please be sure to post them there.

Good luck,

OP
OP
funny718

funny718

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanx sunny that's wat I want to hear. Will start soon as I get home

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back