Volitan Lionfish help???

Jay Hall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,
I’m very new to the salt water side of fish keeping!!
I’ve had my tank up and running for 2-3 months now cycled etc..
but I brought my volitan Lionfish yesterday.. I just try and look online at stuff to look our for, only him in the tank as I wanted to start with a FO aquarium for now.. he’s already on frozen food which I’m happy about, but I just wanted to know how long it’d take for him to settle in, and stop hiding in the rocks and perching.. he just don’t seem to wanna swim freely?

Mudder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tenor (2).gif

Welcome to R2R!!
This is a Great place for info and Help

Give him a few days he will come out more has he settles in

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to our group. Glad you are here asking questions.

Lionfish I have had will perch occasionally on rock. I hate saying this but he is going to need a bigger tank. They get large quick. Feed him a variety of food. I also used to feed live feeders,

Let’s see some pix, I love lions

OP
OP
Jay Hall

Jay Hall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6719177F-2B1A-43F7-834E-D521427DC724.jpeg
0895B902-42AA-4B9E-9E83-2BE30081DB78.jpeg
Welcome to our group. Glad you are here asking questions.

Lionfish I have had will perch occasionally on rock. I hate saying this but he is going to need a bigger tank. They get large quick. Feed him a variety of food. I also used to feed live feeders,

Let’s see some pix, I love lions

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good to me, he’s doing what he does best, chilling. Size looks fairly big already. Keep feeding him. Make sure to research compatibility since he will eat almost anything smaller then him you put in Tank.
I used to feed mine frozen shrimp and clams. They have awesome personalities I think.

OP
OP
Jay Hall

Jay Hall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good to me, he’s doing what he does best, chilling. Size looks fairly big already. Keep feeding him. Make sure to research compatibility since he will eat almost anything smaller then him you put in Tank.
I used to feed mine frozen shrimp and clams. They have awesome personalities I think.
I have frozen little fish that i got when I brought him, I gotta go get swim shrimp too, just to mix it up a little.. I love him!! Well I hope it’s a him I calls him a him lol. I’m still thinking to put him a pal in there yet.. a lot of people told me he can have tank mates but eventually he’ll obviously outgrow them take them as food •_•

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He';s looking good, gonna get big too. getting settled in doesn't really have a time frame, its all in the fish. But in reality should only take a week or so. When you see him perched looking down, he's looking for food. When I had mine, he got to be the size of a dinner plate. Had other tank mates, but I kept him fed, and he didn't eat the others.
welcome_zps10928ec6.jpg

Back