Volume Level monitoring with the Neptune Systems DOS

dwfain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Neptune Systems DOS calculates the volume remaining for the left and right heads. Is there a way to programmatically use this information? For instance, I'd like to set a notification that reports when the volume level hits a certain point. Something like

If Mgx3 Volume_Level < 100mL Then On

This would alert me that the volume in my Mg doser is low and I need to refill it.

1698849627697.png

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dosing container from neptune includes optical sensors.

Overpriced containers

What I recommend is buying a 24v float switch for $10 and installing it in your dosing container. Then program the switch to alarm when on. BRS sells the switches.

Vertical Mount Float Switch*
Horizontal Mount Float Switch*

*Read details and independently confirm on your own that the switch will work on the 24V inputs on your Apex. I bought this switch to attach to my skimmer cup but have yet to install it*

I don't know the name of this plug but if you can figure it out you may be able to get a 5 pack for this price from another retailer.

OP
OP
D

dwfain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dosing container from neptune includes optical sensors.

Overpriced containers

What I recommend is buying a 24v float switch for $10 and installing it in your dosing container. Then program the switch to alarm when on. BRS sells the switches.

Vertical Mount Float Switch*
Horizontal Mount Float Switch*

*Read details and independently confirm on your own that the switch will work on the 24V inputs on your Apex. I bought this switch to attach to my skimmer cup but have yet to install it*

I don't know the name of this plug but if you can figure it out you may be able to get a 5 pack for this price from another retailer.
Thanks for the advice but not what I am looking for. I do not want to add another piece of equipment to my setups to monitor something that already has the information I need.

sublime275

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice but not what I am looking for. I do not want to add another piece of equipment to my setups to monitor something that already has the information I need.
To answer your question, no it cannot do that.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back