Vortech Controller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just acquired a Vortech Controller and trying to set up but hit a problem.
I have assigned the VC and all OK in that department except it does not show the RF section clearly - see screenshot

Screenshot 2020-06-25 at 16.19.09.png

I am assuming that the firmware is up to date.
I have reset both of my MP10,s and now showing green and after following the instructions in the App I can't get the MP10's to show in the pump section.
For some reason, they don't seem to connect. I don't seem to be getting the right colour sequence on the MP10 when I try to connect them.

This is what the Controller LED's are showing, the 4th LED is not lit:-

IMG_1631.jpeg

Can anyone advise where I am going wrong, please.

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Connect the P4 via your computer, open GCC and then the Vortex overview. Update the two modules. I think it's the RF and Controller Interface. Don't update anything to do with the Vortech.
Then try to pair.
1593100228899.png

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and thanks for the quick reply. I did wonder if it was to do with the firmware and your image shows that.
I was trying to avoid having to update the firmware because being a Mac user it means I will have to go and borrow a Windows laptop from my daughter. I'll take a look later this evening when I can get the laptop and hopefully that will solve the problem. I'll let you know then. Thanks

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I managed to get the laptop sooner than I thought - that the good news.

The bad news is that it won't let me update either of those modules.

On both modules reported transferring firmware and then GHL Control Centre _ Error! Couldn't start update

Any further suggestions appreciated

Thanks

IMG_1635.jpeg
IMG_1637.jpeg
IMG_1636.jpeg

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used? Was it working before? Sorry to say, you might be out of luck with that one.
Still I would open a ticket with GHL.

If GHL uses a sequential numbering system, it's older than the one I had issues with that I purchased about 2 months ago.
That serial no. was 2001056009.
This is my current controller, which is working great.
1593107284494.png

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was told "Everything has been tested today and is fully working"

The way you described your problem in the attachment seems to be exactly the same

Member No 1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine seemed to be "locked" up. Only way to fix, was replacement. They were going to send it back to Germany so they could reverse engineer the device to find out what caused it. With all that's going on, I never got a response as to why it did it.

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be something to try. Sometimes when trying to update a GHL product that has had a number of firmware updates, you can't just jump to the last firmware version. If there are previous versions try updating with the oldest. If that works keep working your way to the latest version.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@mlandscape
There was no need to do any update for the Vortech controller's RF module or anything on it. That kind of update has nothing to do with GHL and is a FW sourced from ETM.

Normally a new module will show the RF firmware version, but not seeing one in your screenshot tells me one was attempted and failed possibly due to uploading the wrong file. In either case, the device is likely not recoverable and will need replacing.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, @Vinny@GHLUSA I don't understand. If its nothing to do with GHL why is the option there to update to a newer firmware version? The RF firmware version was blank in myGHL before I attempted any firmware updates. The updates I attempted were only fro the Controller interface and the RF module ie the third/fourth in the list.

When you say likely how would I establish that was the case. I do not want to be replacing it if it can be sorted out.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This might be something to try. Sometimes when trying to update a GHL product that has had a number of firmware updates, you can't just jump to the last firmware version. If there are previous versions try updating with the oldest. If that works keep working your way to the latest version.

Thanks for the suggestion but there was only one update available and besides @Vinny@GHLUSA has said that they shouldn't be updated anyway which is a bit odd considering the option is there in GCC to do that.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because ETM at one point offered these updates which could be applied to the module. If the wrong one was used for the update, it could render the RF module inoperable.

For further advice, please work with the support member assigned to your ticket.

OP
OP
mlandscape

mlandscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used the wrong one as far as I am aware - there is only one option available.
I haven't raised a ticket yet

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 47.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 49 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 22.8%
  • None.

Votes: 24 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 9.8%
Back