Vortech MP10

  • Thread starter Thread starter GoPitt88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

GoPitt88

Pitt Basketball is BACK!
View Badges
Joined
Oct 20, 2016
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
3,827
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dream tank would be a Red Sea Reefer 425 XL, but I currently have 2 MP10 powerheads on my 55 gallon mixed reef tank. Hoping to avoid buying the MP40's, but concerned about the 1/2" glass being too thick for the MP10's. What do you think?
 
Some people say their MP10s will stay on but IME, I tried MP10s on a 10mm glass tank which is less then 1/2" but was not comfortable. While they stayed on, any slight accidental knock on the dry side and they would fall off vs an MP40.
Also you need to consider that with your RSR 425, MP10s would not do much. Flow is a big difference between the 10s and 40s.
 
Some people say their MP10s will stay on but IME, I tried MP10s on a 10mm glass tank which is less then 1/2" but was not comfortable. While they stayed on, any slight accidental knock on the dry side and they would fall off vs an MP40.
Also you need to consider that with your RSR 425, MP10s would not do much. Flow is a big difference between the 10s and 40s.

Yeah, I know you're right. I'm just in denial that I'll have to spend the money [emoji12]
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new