• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Vortech Mp10

Elmervc15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 71.4%
10   4   0
Good working condition
No noise
No shake
Asking $160 shipped

7A4835D5-30A7-4555-85FA-E956D7C95E64.png

ImGoingCoastal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ES/WES (white box, pictured) is a little older and louder. The Quiet Drive (black box) is newer and quieter. They perform almost exactly the same in the tank, just the quiet drive does it more efficiently and with less noise.

I read somewhere that the noise difference between the versions isn't as noticable in the MP10 but it is VERY noticable in the MP40. I don't have first hand knowledge of the MP10 noise difference but I just upgraded my WES driver to a QD driver on my MP40 and the noise difference was night/day.

Many people buy the older WES versions for the cost savings. Ecotech only makes the Quiet drive now so if you are looking for new you have one option.

Long story short, they're considered one of, if not the best powerheads on the market, and for good reason (IMO). If you decide to buy one, you can save money by buying a used ES/WES but that comes with risk.

*The W is for wireless. Wireless enables you to control remotely with reef link or wxm. It also enables multiple pumps to work together.

Back