Vortech mp40qd PROBLEM

Georgi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

i am wondering if the problem with the wet side magnet inflating is still present in 2023, with the new model qd.

i am interested to buy it.

Best regards

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Georgi haven’t heard about that problem specifically. That said, I know a lot of folks created problems when they soaked the wet sides in vinegar To clean them. Vinegar makes plastic swell. I clean all of my plastic stuff (including my MP40s) using a citric acid solution.

OP
OP
Georgi

Georgi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Georgi не е чувал конкретно за този проблем. Въпреки това знам, че много хора създават проблеми, когато накисват мокрите страни в оцет, за да ги почистят. Оцетът кара пластмасата да набъбва. Почиствам всичките си пластмасови неща (включително моите MP40) с помощта на разтвор на лимонена киселина.
Thank

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it still happens. I have another theory besides vinegar. I've always cleaned mine in citric acid and still have it happen.

I think a lot of this is user error. When cleaning these powerful magnets they get slammed down onto a metal surface like a sink and that is just enough force to crack the magnet inside just enough to create a path for water to enter in. After that it's just a matter of time.

As long as you're careful during cleaning, you'll be fine.

OP
OP
Georgi

Georgi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Да, все още се случва. Имам и друга теория освен за оцета. Винаги съм почиствал моите с лимонена киселина и все още ми се случва.

Мисля, че голяма част от това е грешка на потребителя. Когато почиствате тези мощни магнити, те се блъскат върху метална повърхност като мивка и това е достатъчно сила, за да спука магнита вътре, достатъчно, за да създаде път за навлизане на вода. След това е само въпрос на време.

Стига да сте внимателни по време на почистването, ще се оправите.
Благодаря ти много

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back