Vortech placement on a 150g DT

ryanuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I have a 5.5ft x 24in x 22in DT which is about 150g. I have 4 vortech mp 40s and i was thinking of placing one of the left and one on the right and then the other 2 would go around the center. What do you guys think?

I keep mainly sps so i need a lot of flow.

kirkleigh84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any way possible try to put on back wall. Keep sides clear for side veiw. I have 60x30x24 with 2 on back and getting 2 more to put on back also.

dakotasreef

Prestige Worldwide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I think the back wall might be the best option. But depending on your rockwork you might have to play with placement.

OP
OP
R

ryanuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, 4 vortechs all on the back wall? That never occurred to me. Ill try that out and let you know. I was leaning towards 2 vortechs on each of the side walls though. My rockwork isnt that heavy. 3 islands with lots of spacing in between them so the placement of all the vortechs in the back wall shouldnt be a problem.

CJO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EcoTech marine recommends placing your first two pumps on opposite sides of the aquarium. If you have a third, they recommend putting it on the back wall. The recommended placement does the best job at water movement and exporting nutrients in their ecosmart modes. Haven't seen a recommendation from them on a fourth pump.

CJ

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar setup and I like having 2 on the righrt one on the left and one on the rear ..now the side with 2 pumps I like to keep one lower to middle of the tank and one higher to really push the water around ...any pics of the rock work?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.8%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.5%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back