Vortechs controlled by WXM, stuck on 100% constant

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently hooked my mp40wqd pumps back up to my apex with WXM. I've set the pumps to cycle through different settings while other pump sync/anti syncs pump1. My max is reefcrest @ 70% with pump 2 anit-sync. They are both showing constant @ 100% right now and I'm not sure why? Has anyone experienced this before? I've cycled power on both the vortechs profile and its outlet, it went back to constant 100% each time.

Both pumps were factory reset before being connected to WXM.

Thanks,

Matt

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Classic. I erased my advanced controls and they went back to normal. I'm not sure what I did wrong though. I made a feed profile for 10% constant flow, triple checked that was correct. Just glad a fish didnt get sucked up in that mess!

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it 100% all the time or is it 100% when coming out of feed mode?
I have my right mp40 code like this
If Output MP40Left = OFF Then OFF
Defer 000:10 Then ON
Also fallback is at off.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would be curious to know what happened ... once you figure it out. WXM control is excellent but it can be a bit quirky sometimes. If I turn one of my vortechs off using the apex slider, the pump does indeed go off. But the next time a program shift occurs through pump doesn’t stay off even though the slider remains in the off position.

2000se

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have 2x 40's connected to my WXM. They're programmed sync / anti-sync. When I turn them off to feed I use each slider for them. When they come back on, one of them comes full as well and stays there for a full min until the other picks up. Once it goes back it is all normal. It ran that way for about 1 yr.

Since then I've changed my programming away from sync/anti-sync and did individual programming instead for each and have not had a problem.

CoralNerd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have 2x 40's connected to my WXM. They're programmed sync / anti-sync. When I turn them off to feed I use each slider for them. When they come back on, one of them comes full as well and stays there for a full min until the other picks up. Once it goes back it is all normal. It ran that way for about 1 yr.

Since then I've changed my programming away from sync/anti-sync and did individual programming instead for each and have not had a problem.
Try my code it fixes that problem

blackbeltmom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem when I got my new Apex and transferred everything from my classic. The issue was that there was an “On” command in the advance settings of the Vortech that was causing the Apex to ignore all the other commands And made it run constant at 100%.

OP
OP
Smite

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the reply guys. I had looked up how to set 10% feed mode. The example I found had something along the lines of Set ON. I believe that was my issue. For now I have them set If FeedA 010 Then OFF. I plan to try and add my 10% profile back tomorrow without the set command and see how it works. Thanks for the defer input @CoralNerd, I'll be using that for the anit-sync pump for sure!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back