Voss Dosing Container help

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a VOSS bottle to use with my Kamoer X1 dosing pump.

It appears the tubing with the X1 is smaller than the typical RO tubing. So, when I connected everything up from a VOSS bottle guide, the pump would not draw up liquid.

This is the connection I drilled into the top of the lid to try to use. I have used an acrylic rod and also RO tubing inside of the bottle with no luck. It feels like the connector and the tubing inside the bottle is fine. The issue appears to be the smaller diameter hose that is used from the pump itself.

This is probably a simple fix, but I do not know where to start. I scoured a couple online stores in hopes of fumbling onto a connector, but no luck.

garbled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look around on amazon, or probably elsewhere, you can find barb fitting reducers. You need one that has the ID of RO tubing, and then the ID of whatever tubing you are using. Use a short piece of RO tubing to go in the fitting, then use the barb reducer to connect to your dosing line.

OP
OP
Hasted

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look around on amazon, or probably elsewhere, you can find barb fitting reducers. You need one that has the ID of RO tubing, and then the ID of whatever tubing you are using. Use a short piece of RO tubing to go in the fitting, then use the barb reducer to connect to your dosing line.
So I would need a 1/4 to a barb to the tube that's "3mm ID x 5mm OD". Thanks. I will start digging for that specific connection.

OP
OP
Hasted

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I THINK I found one! Thanks for directing me on the right path @Garb

Avast makes something that SHOULD work. I will update this once I try it out for those interested.

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I THINK I found one! Thanks for directing me on the right path @Garb

Avast makes something that SHOULD work. I will update this once I try it out for those interested.
Avast is out of stock. Anyone know who else carries these?

Spig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe put a short piece of RO tubing into the fitting and then you could attach something like this?

Screenshot_20220211-200359_Samsung Internet.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back