Waking Up Dormant SPS

So I ripped chunk off and let’s see how this goes. Either it does nothing or it wakes it up and makes it grow.
IMG_2861.jpeg
IMG_2862.jpeg
Did you confirm par with a par meter or are you just guessing it?
 
I agree with what others have said and likely too low par if water parameters are correct. I had the same thing happen to me. good color to my sps for about a year but they just didn't grow much and my ICP tests were always on point. took a par reading and everything was sitting at around 200-230 par. Bumped my par up to near 400 and everything woke up. I feel like I wasted a years time when a simple par meter could have solved my issue easy.
 
I agree with what others have said and likely too low par if water parameters are correct. I had the same thing happen to me. good color to my sps for about a year but they just didn't grow much and my ICP tests were always on point. took a par reading and everything was sitting at around 200-230 par. Bumped my par up to near 400 and everything woke up. I feel like I wasted a years time when a simple par meter could have solved my issue easy.
All of these came from a tank of average par of 250. It’s from the same person. I actually put em at higher par than him for certain ones. It’s just 2 sps that are dormant. I won’t change everything just to make 2 corals happy when all others are happy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new