Wall Hammer: BJD, algae irritation, or other?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jtlmnop
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jtlmnop

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 16, 2020
Messages
128
Reaction score
90
Location
Bloomington
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’ve had this wall hammer for about 3 months. The last few weeks it has been retracting and seems irritated.

I noticed the other day it had some type of flat worm on the skeleton(long and whitish). I dipped it in Coral Rx and a TON of stuff came off of it. I noticed more around the rock that it was sitting on. So I suctioned all that I could see. A day later and I still see one on the skeleton, but don’t see any more. I know they’ll be back, and plan to dip a few more times over the next few week.

But now I’m worried that the stress may have led, or will lead, to BJD. I see some brown strings around the skeleton, and it is still retracted. Is this just normal response to irritation? Algae that could also be irritating it? Should I be concerned? Should I chuck it in the bin?

Here is a pic under whites. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

11E3312E-C2E4-4E54-BFDB-806715586AAE.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new