Wall hammer having a new head?

  • Thread starter Thread starter reefluvrr
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reefluvrr

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2016
Messages
642
Reaction score
686
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my Wall Hammer about one year ago.

1000000931.jpg


It started to produce a new baby at the foot of the coral about 9 or more months ago.
I lost my old phone with pics of the wall growing a small little bud at the base. It has been nine month of growth.

I attached a side pic of the coral showing a new head growing from the base.

1000000929.jpg


Sorry about the fuzziness of the picture but hopefully you can see the new head attached to the base of the wall hammer.

I am unsure why the new baby looks like a torch coral though...the tips are blue!
Here is a Pic. Does anyone have any ideas what may have happened?
1000000926.jpg


Thank you for looking.
 
Such a testament to a mature and established tank.
Do you have any parameters you could link?
I really love this thanks for posting.
 
Do you have any parameters you could link?
I keep my magnesium around 1450.
I carbon dose to maintain my PO4 around 0.05 to 0.1.
Calcium about 420 and Alk at about 8
I do believe trace elements does help with growth which I use ICP to help keep in check.

Thanks!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new