OP
OP
niQo

niQo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started chemiclean yesterday. So far so good. It disappeared a lot overnight, which it usually does not. Have you done the test to see if peroxide would take care of it?

I did not. I want to see if it will recover organically. So far it has stabilized, but the Cyanobacteria is not helping things.

I’ve increased flow, but that seems to be spreading it.

sghera64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started chemiclean yesterday. So far so good. It disappeared a lot overnight, which it usually does not. Have you done the test to see if peroxide would take care of it?

I have not tested with H2O2. How do I do that?

I did use my microscope to verify that it was Cyanobacteria.

OP
OP
niQo

niQo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
niQo

niQo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did this hammer survive?? :oops:

Mine did not... Not to mention I had another one for a little while and it just died recently... I just can't seem to keep these for more than a few years!

Anytime I stir around some sand I think some of my corals get a type of bacterial infection. This hobby is getting old!

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost a wall hammer couple months ago as well and had a few bail outs. Just don’t know why.

Ferrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had the same issue with a couple of hammers. I had one that lived in a dip net for about 3 months, suspended at the top of the tank, looking normal as ever sans the skeleton... until one day it escaped and went through the blender aka powerhead. Never got a definitive answer as to why. Also just had a micromussa with 5 heads bail one out yesterday

Jenuvio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ive had the same issue with a couple of hammers. I had one that lived in a dip net for about 3 months, suspended at the top of the tank, looking normal as ever sans the skeleton... until one day it escaped and went through the blender aka powerhead. Never got a definitive answer as to why. Also just had a micromussa with 5 heads bail one out yesterday

some corals are just suicidal :/ don’t take it personal.. ✌

oneilwiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers, sorry to hear about the disasters with these corals just dying ( bailing from the skeleton), I am now facing the same problem as well. I now have zero hope, I was planning on dipping all the Frog spawns and hammers with Revive Coral Dip
4D90CCA4-3626-402B-973E-A42797921509_1_201_a.jpeg
and see if it will prevent or stop any additional deaths

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have see too much of these and just had two heads of toxic green hammers lost today. Lost a bunch of hammers recently due to similar causes.

oneilwiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have see too much of these and just had two heads of toxic green hammers lost today. Lost a bunch of hammers recently due to similar causes.
Bummer, I Frag the frog spawn and dip it in Revive. Let’s see what happens. It’s sad we don’t pin point what is the root cause.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 32 82.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.1%
Back