• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Walt Disney - $20

Smilet98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll take a jawbreaker when there ready!
Hopefully I have a father/son relationship like yours!

Plata01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw this, Awesome thread. My son is 3 and he is starting to like the aquarium and its inhabitants. Hope the same happens with my son and I. Thanks for the thread.

OP
OP
Daddy-o

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw this, Awesome thread. My son is 3 and he is starting to like the aquarium and its inhabitants. Hope the same happens with my son and I. Thanks for the thread.
Thanks! Only 1 kid? I find that kids are like reef tanks, gotta have another, and another.......and another.
Cheers! Mark

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you show us some pics of your colonies and grow out systems?

Plata01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Only 1 kid? I find that kids are like reef tanks, gotta have another, and another.......and another.
Cheers! Mark

I actually have three. My boy is the youngest at three years old and is the one who is the most into it. I'm done at three though. Lol

Admann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Samina !! We are having a lot of fun. It is a father/son hobby for us. While some people enjoy just watching their corals grow huge, I really enjoy watching a new coral start to encrust and grow. My son loves fragging and we will spend hours together in the garage fragging. It is great, no phones, no distractions and we really have some good talks. We could charge more but we are not in the hobby to turn a profit - just for fun. The money we get pays for supplies, energy use, pocket cash for my son, and buying new corals. Currently we are growing out a lot of nice corals that we hope will be ready soon. In addition to our Walt Disney, next year we hope to offer some of our Fox Flames, HomeWreckers (we have 4 growing out), Spainbows, Pinky and the Bears, ASD Rainbow Millies, 2 types of blue tenius, Orange Passion tenius, Beach Bum montis, Jaw Breakers and the list goes on................. at really cheap prices. We run our tanks "old school" with no automation and testing by hand. We have met a bunch of really nice fellow reefers and a lot of them bring us a frag (or 2) to help support cheaper corals for all.
Cheers! and Happy Holidays and thanks for the support!!!!
Mark (and Peter)
My Dad and I use to do the same thing over a tablesaw, under a hood, in the woods or on the water. Of course, no cell phones back then, PCs, 4 channels on TV 5 on a good day and aquariums were bowls with goldfish, a betta was considered exotic. I was intermediate in skill level, guppies. Good Times

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back