Want Something New? Try Something Old!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

dvbrien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if these will ever make a comeback... Not the company, but styles. With the high powered low cost Ac or Dc pumps, (that aren't breaking the bank anymore; buying online or on your electric bill...) I wonder if the effeciancy and or performance wouldn't exceed a whole lot of other skimmers right now, and what price point would you see newer models be competitive. I'm betting you'd have to pay $800 to get something current that would be equivalent to these old beasts. Mrc Mr2 as well. I see downdraft skimmers selling so cheap... With so much old potential with new pump advancements...

https://reefbuilders.com/2014/03/11/ae-tech-maker-famous-etss-skimmer-business/

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small version of an ETSS downdraft skimmer. It worked great. However now that I have a DC powered needle wheel cone body skimmer, bubbles are bubbles and I judge almost every skimmer by one thing: the pump. The pump is what makes or literally breaks a skimmer and all that matters to me.

OP
OP
dvbrien

dvbrien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To your point this is exactly why I brought this up... Having an ability to change pumps for this type if skimmer is what makes them more valuable to me. You aren't stuck buying a proprietary skimmer pump for a specific model skimmer.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back