Wanting to add fish...

Samantha732

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I have a 20gal reef tank that has just completed its cycle and I have put a 2 zoas in there. I want to add more corals but I want to get some fish in there first. Any suggestions for stocking? Im not opposed to anything, however clownfish don't excite me very much. Thanks in advance :)

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I have heard clownfish are aggressive! I was looking at a yellow watchmen goby haha they look so grumpy and cute
Not all the time just some, and it is mostly aggression at your hands when you put them in the tank, rarely enough to kill inhabitants. Ocy, percs, and skunks more peaceful than others
Nemo and Marlin were the first fish in my tank. Blue legged hermits! Gobys and wrasses jump if no top. Blennies are cool. Royal Gramma are colorful.
Lol accurate to wat would have happened in the movie but they are "dad" and "son" in the movie so a bit creepy

Upvote 0

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe we should dump a bunch of designer Clowns in the reefs and maybe they will become natural, who knows what we will get when they breed.
If you think about the life and gender-changing and the ever-changing parental roles of clownfish, technically designer clowns would be possible in the wild. only if the one of the parents kept getting eaten after laying eggs.

Upvote 0

Gqch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
some goby as weatchman goby, yellow goby, some dwalf angel as flame back and flame angel,yellow face angel (only if u dont keep sps). also some smaller wrasse as yellow wrasse, six line wrasse, the last is cardinal fish, they are friendly. smaller tank dont keep agrassive fish as dansel fish or dattyback, file fish is good but need mesh top to protect them from jumping. happy reefing!

Upvote 0

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Designer clowns rock
6EA3457D-126F-4401-B5B2-9278A681DA12.jpeg

Upvote 0

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of captive-bred orchid dottybacks in my Evo 13.5, and they're a perfect complement to it. They constantly weave in and out of the aquascape, and that intense fuschia flash they bring to a build is unforgettable. I think that 20g is the perfect size for showing them off.

Note: many people have reported them to be trouble, but I just haven't seen that. Perhaps it's because I bought captive-bred specimens. They're cheap and hardy, too.

Firefish are lovely, but mine just sort of hang out in a favourite spot. They're not the most kinetic fish out there.

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back